Favorite Coffee Shop and why?

Thinline69

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
Hello everyone,

I am new to this site and recently I have become very interested in the coffee shop business. I have a feeling that I might want to start one of my own some day, and I wanted to take down some research first. I was personally wondering what everyone's favorite coffee shop is and why they enjoy going there. If you own one of your own, then I'm sure that would be considered your favorite, for obvious reasons, but what differentiates you from the Starbucks down the street? How do you compete with their marketing and their presence in the mind of the consumer? Thank you in advance for anyone who takes the time to respond to this, and I look forward to hearing what you all have to say.

Ken

CoffeeJunky

Dec 7, 2012
Michigan, US
Visit site
Ken,

The questions you are asking and more would be in our forum.
Many of us have had this conversation over and over again.

Check with PinkRose... She was putting together some information archive...

Last edited:

PinkRose

Super Moderator
Staff member
Feb 28, 2008
Near Philadelphia, PA
Visit site
Hi "Thinline69"

Welcome to the Coffee Forums website!

You've asked several questions in this post, and considering that your title is "Favorite Coffee Shop and why?" you're probably not going to get a response to all of your other questions.

Most of our members, who are busy, just read the title of the post, and if it doesn't catch their interest, they move on to the next one. If you ask your questions in separate threads or start new threads for each topic, you'll have a better chance of getting a response.

I wanted to start collecting a list of responses to questions that are asked over and over again, but I haven't gotten far with that idea.

I don't recall anyone asking about favorite coffee shops before, but the concept that you're looking for has been explored several times in the past.

When you have some time, please check out the handy search feature that we have at the top right corner of your screen. You can type in your topic area and see the posts that are archived on the Forum.

By the way, my favorite coffee shop is a small, family owned shop where they pay attention to providing good (fresh) coffee and excellent customer service. When I go to a coffee shop, I look for cleanliness, (including restrooms) as well as a relaxing atmosphere.

Rose

Thinline69

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
Thank you for responding to my post, both of you. For a newcomer in this forum is very encouraging to get any responses at all, especially helpful ones like yours. I also apologize for not getting back to this thread very fast. I've been pretty swamped with school, on the bright side however I am making a coffee shop business plan for my homework. I will try to work on figuring out the search feature, if you ever do find a way to collaborate the helpful posts, that would be very much appreciated, not just by me but everyone, I'm sure. I understand cleanliness, especially in a restaurant, not much ranks higher on the list of priorities. It's is interesting that you mention the atmosphere because that is something I associate with a good coffee shop as well. It is something that I have interest in implementing in my own as well, just make it unique to the culture of the area and what not. Anyways, thank you again for responding and I look forward to keeping in touch with your other postings to see what other good advice you guys have to give others in my position.

Thinline69

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
Oh thank you so much. Haha my group will surely be thankful as well. I'd like to know others perspectives too, even if they are only made up samples. Thanks again.

nobody

Mar 3, 2013
Visit site
I liked Black Bean in Nurnberg, Germany. They had a really great white chocolate hot chocolate that I loved. I liked United Coffee in Innsbruck, because they had a really great hazelnut flavored hot chocolate. I always stop at a coffee shop in the old part of Innsbruck, called Manna. What I like is when a coffee shop uses real glassware. United Coffee does not, I think Black Bean does, and Manna does. Paper/disposable cups ruin the atmosphere, don't you think, and isn't atmosphere one of the reasons that you go to a cafe/coffee shop? There is an independent coffee shop in my neighborhood that always used real glasware. I hadn't been in for a while. When I went back, I noticed that they switched to paper cups. I won't go back. I almost won't go to a place that doesn't use real glassware. The only reason that I will go to United Coffee and endure the paper cups is because of that Hazelnut hot chocolate that is so good.

Danny

Last edited: