"Cold Brewed" -- A Film Noir for the Coffee Culture

Lancelot

Apr 10, 2013
Joplin
Visit site
Hey Gang,

We've recently written and directed a novel-like experience in words and pictures for everyone involved in creating coffee culture.
The story is called "Cold Brewed" and you can find it here:

It's a manful love letter from two coffee lovers to the wide world of coffee.

Enjoy.

Lance Schaubert
&
Mark Neuenschwander​

CoffeeJunky

Dec 7, 2012
Michigan, US
Visit site
Lance,

Welcome aboard and it is very interesting read.
But I would check with the few of administrator to make sure you are not violating any of the rules of promoting your product or website.

But I would have to say, it is very well put together....

Good Luck

Lancelot

Apr 10, 2013
Joplin
Visit site
contacting administrator?

Lance,

Welcome aboard and it is very interesting read.
But I would check with the few of administrator to make sure you are not violating any of the rules of promoting your product or website.

But I would have to say, it is very well put together....

Good Luck

Oh, right. Didn't think about that since our main goal was to make something for the coffee community. Where would I go to do that?

- Llot

PinkRose

Super Moderator
Staff member
Feb 28, 2008
Near Philadelphia, PA
Visit site
Hello Lance (and Mark)

Since this is basically a story in pictures and words, there's no problem as far as I'm concerned. So far, it doesn't look like you're trying to sell us anything. If and when that happens, you will be invited to become a Forum Sponsor.

Are there more episodes on the way?

Rose

Lancelot

Apr 10, 2013
Joplin
Visit site
Hello Lance (and Mark)

Since this is basically a story in pictures and words, there's no problem as far as I'm concerned. So far, it doesn't look like you're trying to sell us anything. If and when that happens, you will be invited to become a Forum Sponsor.

Are there more episodes on the way?

Rose

Thanks so much, Rose. Yeah, we're not selling anything on this forum at all, just wanted to let you know.

There are certainly more episodes on the way. Thanks so much for asking!

- Llot

Lancelot

Apr 10, 2013
Joplin
Visit site
As long as Rose says its ok... its ok..... Please keep posting up... I did like it very much too.... ;)

Thanks so much, CoffeeJunky. We will post an episode every Wednesday at 9am EST / 8am CST (United States)

It may take me a bit to get it up here, so the best thing you could do is follow over there. And, of course, spread the word if you like it.

Thanks again for the praise!

PinkRose

Super Moderator
Staff member
Feb 28, 2008
Near Philadelphia, PA
Visit site
Hello Lancelot

Thanks for the second installment.

It's interesting the way you tie common "coffee shop lingo" into the storyline. You almost have to pause and read "in-between the lines" to catch both meanings. (intended and subtle).

Where did you find the setting . . . including the old furniture and applicances for the photos?

Great job!

Thanks again for sharing it with us.

Rose

Lancelot

Apr 10, 2013
Joplin
Visit site
Thanks for the second installment.

It's interesting the way you tie common "coffee shop lingo" into the storyline. You almost have to pause and read "in-between the lines" to catch both meanings. (intended and subtle).

Where did you find the setting . . . including the old furniture and applicances for the photos?

Great job!

Thanks again for sharing it with us.

Rose

You're welcome, Rose. Hopefully everyone enjoys it as much as you two.

I'm having fun writing it because if you use too much, you botch up the story, but if you use too little, you miss the blend of coffee culture. So yeah, it's fun.

Most of that stuff is all from Mark's mom (prop master on "The Team" page). She does Ebay for a living, so it just kind of worked out. She had all of this extra 1940s/50s stuff lying around and we went for it.

As for the setting, we're in Joplin, MO. There are plenty of turn-of-the- & mid-century buildings to use. My favorite one's coming up in Episode 05.

You're so welcome! Glad you enjoy it!

- Llot

Lancelot

Apr 10, 2013
Joplin
Visit site
I am incredibly intrigued with this thread. The whole idea behind it definitely took some creativity. Is this your first time creating a story like this in this way?

Thanks, ShibbleHash, glad to have you following along! Yes, it is the first time. I have experience in film, fiction, and Mark's the best photographer in the region (in my opinion). We both have blogs and have done photo essays and tried something similar with Whiskerino '08, but after ading The Invention of Hugo Cabret, I knew someone needed to do the same with photos. It just so happened that my good friend Mark had been thinking the same for a long, long time.

Lancelot

Apr 10, 2013
Joplin
Visit site
Love those nice, crisp photos!

For some reason, the thing that got my attention the most was his shiny shoes!

After I took a look at the current episode, I found this. Thanks for including it on your webpage.

The Talk | Cold Brewed

Rose

Thanks, Rose! I'll pass the compliments on to the chef...

Yeah, those shoes are shiny enough to create mirages.

Totally forgot to mention "The Talk" page, but it's exactly the sort of thing that would be helpful for everyone here. Thanks for sharing it because it'll give context to everyone.

See you next week!

-- Llot