new to coffeshop process (mudslinger coffee)

ramanujam

May 27, 2013
Visit site
Hello All,

I got lot of good information for this forum and I been thinking almost a year now ...to start a coffee shop(concord,nc) and been having little money saved($50K) - to try it out. I do not have any experience with coffee shop or other business but have done some rearch on this subject.Following is my questions.
he city - so early morning traffic is easy to get off/on to the road) - meaning no left turn. This location has near by larger residential.
2.) other coffe shops near by: "SB" within harris teeter and another coffee-shop(local) - it is around 400 feet opposite - prepared location.

Following is my questions.

1.)Does it worth selecting this location for drive thru+ 8 seat sit in? - I do not anticipate any foot traffic least for another 5 years but area is growing exponetial fast.
2.) coffee shop is expected to get .25 to .75% between 6am -11am? after that it expected to be very slow?
3.) I can not invest on big brand franchise because of my cost limitation for now - so any suggestion or feedback on mudslinger coffee?
4.) how do I make coffee shop kids friendly - because it is residential area - so having kids friendly will bring more people.
5.) I do not want give up on quality of product/service - I want to deliver as long as I run the business - any idea suggestion on this line of thoughts?

I am expecting you guys feedback/guidence ...positive/negative does not matter ....learning is goal before putting lot of money and effort and it needs to be successful :)

Thanks,
Ram

John P

Jan 5, 2007
Salt Lake City
Visit site
Ram,

I can see that English is not your first language. But business is business whatever language you speak. So rather than going through your whole post, I will comment on what's most important.

You wrote,
I do not have any experience with coffee shop or other business but have done some rearch on this subject...

YOU should know the answers to these questions. Unless you are paying a consultant, there is very little we can give you. The best answers are earned, not given. Keep reading. Attend at least two industry conventions (SCAA, CoffeeFest). Visit shops. Test coffee. LEARN.

Oh, and I would save/have access to another $50-$100K just to be on the safe side.

You have a long way to go. Best of luck.

John P

Jan 5, 2007
Salt Lake City
Visit site
Ram,

continue to read this forum and other forums. But the nature of your questions clearly indicate that you should not be rushing into anything.

As you learn more. Participate more.

PinkRose

Super Moderator
Staff member
Feb 28, 2008
Near Philadelphia, PA
Visit site
Thank you Mr John. I will stay away for now.

Ramanujam,

When I read your last message, (above) I hoped that you didn't mean that you will stay away from the Coffee Forums.

Instead, I hope that you meant to say that you plan to hold off on your idea to open a coffee shop, give it some more thought, do some more research, and maybe save some more money.

As you have already discovered, you can learn a lot by reading and asking questions. I hope you'll keep visiting the Coffee Forums!

Rose

D.Reyes

Feb 5, 2024
Texas
Visit site
Hello All,

I got lot of good information for this forum and I been thinking almost a year now ...to start a coffee shop(concord,nc) and been having little money saved($50K) - to try it out. I do not have any experience with coffee shop or other business but have done some rearch on this subject.Following is my questions.
he city - so early morning traffic is easy to get off/on to the road) - meaning no left turn. This location has near by larger residential.
2.) other coffe shops near by: "SB" within harris teeter and another coffee-shop(local) - it is around 400 feet opposite - prepared location.

Following is my questions.

1.)Does it worth selecting this location for drive thru+ 8 seat sit in? - I do not anticipate any foot traffic least for another 5 years but area is growing exponetial fast.
2.) coffee shop is expected to get .25 to .75% between 6am -11am? after that it expected to be very slow?
3.) I can not invest on big brand franchise because of my cost limitation for now - so any suggestion or feedback on mudslinger coffee?
4.) how do I make coffee shop kids friendly - because it is residential area - so having kids friendly will bring more people.
5.) I do not want give up on quality of product/service - I want to deliver as long as I run the business - any idea suggestion on this line of thoughts?

I am expecting you guys feedback/guidence ...positive/negative does not matter ....learning is goal before putting lot of money and effort and it needs to be successful :)

Thanks,
Ram
So What happened did you open a coffee shop ? I'm looking into Mudslingers for maybe next year here in EL Paso Tx.
would really be helpful if someone who's already opened one would reply to my thread, I see one in San Antonio Tx.
would like to talk to owners to see how their experience went.
Thanks
hopefully someone replies to my thread.