Saeco Magic Deluxe won't grind coffee

mhumphri

Jun 5, 2013
Visit site
I have a 9yr old Saeco Magic Deluxe that has stopped grinding beans. It will make espresso through the pre-ground chute. I took apart the grinder and cleaned it out. The motor turns and the beans just hop around but they don't grind.

Does anyone know what is wrong? Since it is 9yrs old, if I can't fix it I'll just have to get a new machine.

GlenC

Aug 24, 2018
Visit site
OK, I know this is old, but in case somebody searches.

There is a little door above the brew group. Have your vacuum cleaner running, and swing that down.
Then try to clean the area between the opening and the grinder. Stick the vacuum cleaner there first. Then root around with a test tube cleaning brush, or some other tool. Get the impacted coffee out.

Once that is clear, expect it to take a few grind tries to get enough coffee through.

I think if your beans are very oily, they are more likely to get gummed up. Also, if you spill water while filling the container, that can get in to help gum things up.

PinkRose

Super Moderator
Staff member
Feb 28, 2008
Near Philadelphia, PA
Visit site
OK, I know this is old, but in case somebody searches.

There is a little door above the brew group. Have your vacuum cleaner running, and swing that down.
Then try to clean the area between the opening and the grinder. Stick the vacuum cleaner there first. Then root around with a test tube cleaning brush, or some other tool. Get the impacted coffee out.

Once that is clear, expect it to take a few grind tries to get enough coffee through.

I think if your beans are very oily, they are more likely to get gummed up. Also, if you spill water while filling the container, that can get in to help gum things up.

Even though it's an old thread, I'm sure it's helpful information for those who may need it.

Thanks for sharing it with us.

~ Rose