Catchy names for drive thru stand in military town?

That.coffee.girl

Jun 30, 2013
Visit site
I'm opening a small drive thru coffee stand. It's in a city that's 95% military so obviously my main customers are younger army/Airforce men (20-30 years old). I need a name that will catch their eye and make them remember my shop.

Nothing patriotic please! These guys like strip clubs and cars.

PinkRose

Super Moderator
Staff member
Feb 28, 2008
Near Philadelphia, PA
Visit site
If they like your coffee, it won't matter what you call your coffee stand. They'll just say, "I get my coffee at the coffee stand down the road...I can't think of the name, but it's really good coffee."

John P

Jan 5, 2007
Salt Lake City
Visit site
Sometimes the best answer is right in front of you. "That Coffee Girl" is as good as any. It's to the point. Easy to remember. And military men love girls... especially if they can brew a stellar cup or pull a perfect shot. Also think of the pin-up style girl logo you can do.

"Where'd your get your coffee, soldier?"
"From That Coffee Girl."

See, it works!

Last edited:

CoffeeJunky

Dec 7, 2012
Michigan, US
Visit site
Sometimes the best answer is right in front of you. "That Coffee Girl" is as good as any. It's to the point. Easy to remember. And military men love girls... especially if they can brew a stellar cup or pull a perfect shot. Also think of the pin-up style girl logo you can do.

"Where'd your get your coffee, soldier?"
"From That Coffee Girl."

Lol... Love this idea. I just love it.

How about "Rocket Coffee" or "Coffee General" or "Bold Coffee" But I still like the"Coffee Girl" better then any of my dumb idea.... lol

PinkRose

Super Moderator
Staff member
Feb 28, 2008
Near Philadelphia, PA
Visit site
The last time "That Coffee Girl" visited the Forum was back in July.

We're all wondering what name she chose for her drive thru coffee stand......Maybe she's still thinking about it.

Rose

chikung

Jul 4, 2013
Visit site
I don't agree with Pink Rose - you do have to have branding - choosing a catchy name is really important!

I would also like to know what she chose in the end :)

PinkRose

Super Moderator
Staff member
Feb 28, 2008
Near Philadelphia, PA
Visit site
Hi CoffeeLovers,

I'm not sure what you meant when you wrote, "Young military at 20-30 years old are allergic with girls."

If the place is called That Coffee Girl, the guys would judge for themselves if she's sexy or not. After all, they always do, one way or another.

That.coffee.girl

Jun 30, 2013
Visit site
As much as I wanted to call it something catchy like "daily grind"... Or well I forgot the good ones-- I realized I am in a military town and there is a ton of religious people here so I didn't want to turn them away when they saw my sign. So I needed something military people would remember... They use a term called "double tap" or "double shot". Google it if you haven't heard of it... To me , double shot is like talking about a double shot of espresso. I thought about throwing a target sign behind/in the logo for a little fun.

I know it's not catchy but I can do a "cute girl stand" as some people might call it- but I think not screaming it in the name will be better.

What do you guys think?

eldub

Mar 28, 2012
Visit site
Double tap means to shoot someone twice.

You won't turn anyone away with most any name that isn't overtly sexual or politically offensive. (Nothing offensive about daily grind, imo.) I have tons of religious customers and I'm about as non-churchy as they come.

What is going to matter is the quality of your coffee and the level of service provided. That means you need professional equipment and help as well as good beans. The rest will take care of itself. Don't stress on the name, imo.

lw

Last edited:

PinkRose

Super Moderator
Staff member
Feb 28, 2008
Near Philadelphia, PA
Visit site
Double Shot Coffee sounds like people would expect a double shot in their coffee drinks.

Have you thought of just naming the place after yourself?

I don't know your actual first name, but it may work if it sounds right to you.

That.coffee.girl

Jun 30, 2013
Visit site
Sorry I'm so terrible at replying in this convo- this web page never seems to load on my phone for some reason.

I haven't been thinking too hard for a name due to having to change my potential location 2 times- which has been frustrating. Like any other business owner I want a catchy name people will remember and potentially will make them want to check out my product. Yes I know, it's all about quality in the end but I need something to get their attention first!

The other coffee stands in the area are "cuppys coffee", "the coffee stand" and "jitterbugs". I don't want anything boring like those! I don't want to name it after me due to I will not be working there actually making the coffee. Obviously coffee is my passion and something great I love to share with others.

Guess "double shot" isn't that great? Any other suggestions?