Business plan for coffee shop

Elad050

Sep 14, 2013
NYC
Visit site
Hi, i want to open a coffee shop in Manhattan and i want to start to write a business plan, i will be glad if someone can help me with a sample of business plan.
Thanks

PinkRose

Super Moderator
Staff member
Feb 28, 2008
Near Philadelphia, PA
Visit site
Hello Elad050,

Welcome to the Coffee Forums website.

Have you tried doing a Google search using the words coffee shop business plan? I tried it a few minutes ago, and found a list, including some samples that may be of interest to you.

Rose

HRC

Apr 16, 2013
Visit site
liveplan.com can hook you up for relatively cheap, if you're not experienced enough to write your own from scratch.

CoffeeJunky

Dec 7, 2012
Michigan, US
Visit site
If you can't find anything on google, search this site. There are tons of information we have post in the past about the business plan.
I don't know where in Manhattan but it will be very hard business to run and keep. The rent alone will kill you unless you have your own building or find great lease rate property.

I know of this great coffee shop Tribecca near East Broadway and i think they sell like 50-100 cups per hour and food through out the day. And he told me he is not making much money. He was older Jewish guy who had the business for like 30 years.

PinkRose

Super Moderator
Staff member
Feb 28, 2008
Near Philadelphia, PA
Visit site
Elad050,

It's highly unlikely that you'll find someone who is willing to share their business plan with you. However, you will find plenty of samples and templates that you can follow. You're going to have to do the research and come up with the numbers on your own, but at least if you follow a sample business plan, you'll have a place to start.

Rose

John P

Jan 5, 2007
Salt Lake City
Visit site
Elad050,

First decide WHY you want/need a business plan and construct it accordingly.
One you write for yourself is quite different than one for investors and/or financing. Either way, it is a useful exercise.

Numbers? Those are secondary. Either you know how to develop a business or you don't. If you do, as time passes, the numbers will take care of themselves. You will eventually learn the reality of it all -- a business plan has no magic to it, it's about the execution of a philosophy or a set of core values, it is these core concepts that you always want to revert to when you wonder if you are being true to your plan.

Latest posts