Which dripper and drip station has approved from NSF, ETL, UL ?

bigmug

Nov 9, 2013
Visit site
Hi, I'm June from Big Mug coffee. :coffeemug: I'm preparing to open coffee roaster in Santa clara city, CA. County of Snata Clara health dpartment want me submit numbered maufacturer brochures or cut sheets for drip station, dripper, and Probatino roaster. All food equipment must be certified or classified by ANSI, e.g. NSF, ETL, UL. I want to use Hario dripper and chemex. But I couldn't find their number or mark. Is there somebody who know which dripper and drip station has mark like NSF, ETL, or UL. How about Probatino roaster? I can't find an approved mark on spec sheets or brochures. :decaf:

bigmug

Nov 9, 2013
Visit site
Hi, Thank you for your answer. I am still little bit confused. 'not require a NSF cert anymore'? How should I explain it to health department? Getting permit is crezy hard to me. ㅠㅠ;;;;

peterjschmidt

Oct 10, 2013
Milwaukee, WI
Visit site
Hi, Thank you for your answer. I am still little bit confused. 'not require a NSF cert anymore'? How should I explain it to health department? Getting permit is crezy hard to me. ㅠㅠ;;;;

My thinking is simply that not each and every piece of equipment in a commercial kitchen is certified. You can walk into a Wal-Mart and buy stainless steel spoons and wooden spatulas that don't carry any rating or certification, and use them legally in your cafe or restaurant. I believe the same would be true of a Hario or a Chemex.

chast

Jul 30, 2006
MA
Visit site
I believe your HD requires all equipment that will be in your shop be UL approved. Good luck on finding some equipment with this tag. NSF is not required for glassware like chemex. Probat I believe is UL approved as I am looking at the P12 for a near future purchase. Some health departments might require all stainless steel utensils be NSF rated. Vollrath is a company I purchase my stainless from and the NSF does not really raise the price. Katom.com has a lot of items that are NSF. Plastic containers should be NSF. Every state/town is different.
JMO

Latest posts