Mission to Find Every Coffee Roaster

SuperRoast

Dec 7, 2013
Visit site
Hi guys,

We are on a state-by-state mission to find every coffee roaster and aggregate them into one place. We started with Michigan and we'll be spreading throughout the country.

Check out our site www(dot)superroast(dot)com and help us fill in the missing roasters.

We love feedback too! Thanks!

Scottes

Jan 5, 2014
Visit site
Really seems like a bit of a waste with just the name and state. Adding the physical address and web site address would make the collection MUCH more useful. Also, alphabetizing the list of states would be a good things too.

janry

Dec 16, 2013
Nashville, TN
Visit site
Really seems like a bit of a waste with just the name and state. Adding the physical address and web site address would make the collection MUCH more useful. Also, alphabetizing the list of states would be a good things too.

Each roaster's listing in his website are clickable so he is looking up the web address. Just surprised he doesn't ask for it in the submission. But it could be he doesn't want to click on web addresses coming in from random people in case it is malicious so he just searches for them himself.

I agree about alphabetizing the state and also the Roasters listed under each state.

Scottes

Jan 5, 2014
Visit site
Hmm, yeah, I can see that. Asking submitters for too much info can put submitters off because it's too much work. But it might be worthwhile to ask the submitters for the website. Then he just has to double-check, rather than go find the info himself.

But again, you put forth a good reason. I'll go fill some in for Massachusetts.

SuperRoast

Dec 7, 2013
Visit site
Hmm, yeah, I can see that. Asking submitters for too much info can put submitters off because it's too much work. But it might be worthwhile to ask the submitters for the website. Then he just has to double-check, rather than go find the info himself.

But again, you put forth a good reason. I'll go fill some in for Massachusetts.

Thanks Scottes - you are right, we wanted to make submission as painless as possible. We also want to thank you for the multiple Massachusetts submissions - those were really helpful and we'll be sure to add!

SuperRoast

Dec 7, 2013
Visit site
Each roaster's listing in his website are clickable so he is looking up the web address. Just surprised he doesn't ask for it in the submission. But it could be he doesn't want to click on web addresses coming in from random people in case it is malicious so he just searches for them himself.

I agree about alphabetizing the state and also the Roasters listed under each state.

Thanks for the suggestion - alphabetizing does make a lot of sense!

SuperRoast

Dec 7, 2013
Visit site
Good luck with your project. I just submitted 3 in Tennessee not already in your list. I'm surprised you don't ask for the roasters web address with the submissions.

Thanks for the submissions! We added them to Tennessee. We wanted to make the process as seamless as possible for users so we've asked for a minimal amount of information. Thanks for the suggestion!

SuperRoast

Dec 7, 2013
Visit site

Thanks - these are all great suggestions! We have added the web site address in each profile (additionally by clicking on the roaster's logo). The physical location of all of the retail roasters is on the ROASTER MAP which we hope accounts for multiple locations as well as omitting commercial roaster locations.

topher

Super Moderator
Staff member
Aug 14, 2003
Boca Raton
Visit site
I didn't look at the map before. I did notice that you have markers for all of my locations. I roast for a bagel chain but only have one roasting location. I also noticed some other companies that have multiple locations but only one roastery.

SuperRoast

Dec 7, 2013
Visit site
I didn't look at the map before. I did notice that you have markers for all of my locations. I roast for a bagel chain but only have one roasting location. I also noticed some other companies that have multiple locations but only one roastery.

Hi Topher - the Roaster Map will hopefully help people find direct roaster coffee anywhere in the country. It's kind of a loose concept, but we have plotted any location (or locations) that are owned by a roaster (even if there is no roaster on premises). Happy to add your roaster name as well! Thanks for the suggestion!