Looking to start up

dariobeens

Jan 3, 2014
Visit site
Hey good day everyone Me and my wife live in Seattle. great place. But im transitioning out of the military and would like to start a drive thru coffe shop back home in florida or Austin texas near round rock. From a business perpective how much would it cost roughly for start up and can some one point me in the first route i need to take.

John P

Jan 5, 2007
Salt Lake City
Visit site
Thank you for your service. You are definitely no stranger to hard work, so there's plenty ahead for you!

Ballpark. $100-$150K more if you are extravagant. This includes build-out, equipment, wares, tables, chairs, training, and cash reserve. Differences would be mostly type of counters, table tops, lighting, that sort of thing.

If you can do all your own build out, or if you can trade for it, I would guess it's about $30K less.

First step. Find your local Small Business Center, it should be associated with a local college or the city itself. This is a great starting point.

Step 1a. Gather information. Visit coffee shops. A lot of them. Know what you like, what you don't like. What seems to work and what doesn't.

Step 1b. Plan and execute. Use your above knowledge to plan your ideal shop from the ground up. Understand your reality. The truth should be just a hair beyond what you think is possible.

Step 2. Look for spaces to lease. Think about location, size, price. Don't fall in love with a location. It can't love you back. There's always another deal you may have missed.

John P

Jan 5, 2007
Salt Lake City
Visit site
Familiarize yourself with local Health Dept. and zoning laws. and you should be fine.

And always remember, it's much easier to ask forgiveness than permission.

garydem

Feb 25, 2014
USA
Visit site
you can also start with a drop ship coffee business without incurring all that cost to see how you will like the coffee business... let me know if you have any questions. We have drop ship coffee program at jummyjava.com

Fanalone

Thank you for your service to our great nation. You also want to check out the Mobile Coffee Trucks or vans. These are good for starters. Do not buy one in till you have checked the health department requirements for coffee mobile unit. No rent. You own the vehicle so whatever you put into it will have resale value. Good luck. Adan