Results 11 to 20 of 41
- 01-24-2014, 11:12 AM #11
Last edited by Ronaldaynn; 03-08-2014 at 03:27 AM.
- 01-24-2014, 11:29 AM #12
Starbucks also had to alter their logo in some Arab countries, due to her "lack of modesty"... the altered logo was just a crown floating in the sea. I'm actually wondering what it is now that they removed the wording "Starbucks Coffee" from the logo. Is it just a floating crown on water now? Hardly the Starbucks logo, but I guess it's recognizable in that region.My cheerful disposition is brought to you today by a STRONG cup of coffee.
- 01-24-2014, 05:47 PM #13
- 01-24-2014, 05:52 PM #14
- 01-24-2014, 06:07 PM #15
Regarding the coffee beans, we plan to get the roasted coffee beans from two local suppliers or one of them. They made the best lattes that we tasted so far, so their beans must be good (It would be weird if they are not using their beans for their lattes.) I won't actually buy the beans before I got the barista because he would have more sensitive to coffee taste than myself, so I will make sure he recommends them.
Last edited by Mustafa_AJR; 01-24-2014 at 06:33 PM.
- 01-24-2014, 06:31 PM #16
Starbucks logo in Saudi Arabia still has the mermaid and the star. I cannot imagine it without them. I think the that storm already calmed now.
Last edited by Mustafa_AJR; 01-24-2014 at 06:44 PM.
- 01-24-2014, 06:43 PM #17
- 01-26-2014, 02:35 PM #18
- 02-03-2014, 07:43 AM #19
Our accomplishments in January 2014:
1. We rented the place and got from the owner the required
Papers for the municipality approval.
2. We found out that the municipality requires new business no objection certificate from my company. I received that certificate yesterday.
3. We prepared the floor plan and shared it with four interior design companies. First and third estimated the 3D design cost to be $1100 and $2600 respectively, but refused to estimate construction cost before completing the 3D design. The second estimated the design and construction to be $15000. We are waiting for the fourth.
4. The ministry of commerce accepted the name of the coffee shop after rejecting four different names.
5. We visited the 7 nearest coffee shops to our home for focusing on the operation, tasting the products, and asking the barista if he is aware of anyone who would to work in a coffee shops.
6. We visited one local supplier of coffee shop equipment and the total cost of espresso machine+ grinder + brewing machine + water heater + cake refrigerator + manual orange squeezer + ice maker + milk shake machine + mixer is around $12000.
Last edited by Mustafa_AJR; 02-03-2014 at 08:41 AM.
- 02-03-2014, 11:25 AM #20
Hi Mustafa, what you need to try to do is give them the "American experience'. Give the Saudis a different coffee shop that they wouldn't expect to see in Saudi Arabia. It will cause a lot of positive commotion and people will want to try this new place. Give it an American name and simplistic feel. Where exactly in Saudi Arabia are you doing this? I used to live in Khobar. Conducting business in the USA and in Saudi Arabia are completely different. In Saudi, you don't need to have a lot of morning traffic, you have to have a lot of weekend and evening traffic. If you make it an American-looking place, you will attract the people to go to your shop.
- By Mr Shave in forum Coffee Shops, Espresso Bars & CafesReplies: 35Last Post: 06-04-2013, 08:34 PM
- By MommaLovesCoffee in forum Coffee Shops, Espresso Bars & CafesReplies: 11Last Post: 04-07-2013, 03:05 PM
- By dicoffeeshop in forum Coffee Shops, Espresso Bars & CafesReplies: 12Last Post: 11-27-2012, 01:07 AM
- By JitteryCoffee in forum Coffee Shops, Espresso Bars & CafesReplies: 7Last Post: 07-31-2009, 12:18 PM
- By starside8 in forum Coffee Shops, Espresso Bars & CafesReplies: 0Last Post: 09-26-2008, 11:38 AM
Search tags for this page
can i start coffee shop in saudi,
coffee brands in saudi arabia,
drive thru cafe in riyadh,
espresso roasters in saudi arabia,
floor plan coffee shop,
how much money does it take to open a cafe in saudi arabia,
open a shop in saudi arabia,
registered coffee shops in saudi arabia,
shop rent in riyadh,
starting a cafe i saudi arabia
Click on a term to search for related topics.