Whip Cream Dispenser or Redi Whip?

Kais01

Oct 6, 2013
Visit site
What is the most economical Redi-whip or purchasing a Whip Cream Dispenser? I currently can purchase 3 15oz Redi-Whips for $7.79 and have been using them with no problem. However I would like to know if I will get a better yield with a dispenser.

Thank you :)

PinkRose

Super Moderator
Staff member
Feb 28, 2008
Near Philadelphia, PA
Visit site
How much whipped cream do you plan to use every day?

Do you have a Sam's warehouse near you? They sell packs of three cans of 15 oz. Land 'O Lakes whipped cream for $6.79.

I like using the cans. Customers see us shaking the cans and squirting their drinks with the whipped cream, and remark that they like that we use the familiar brands. At least you know the taste will be the same every time. When you or someone else makes the whipped creme in a dispenser, it tends to come out different depending on who's doing it.

The advantage of using the cans is that the whipped cream is already lightly sweetened, and the cans are dated far in advance (current use-by date is July).

When you make the whipped cream "fresh" with a dispenser, you need to be very careful to follow good sanitation proceedures, and you need to have fresh heavy cream on hand all of the time. If you don't do enough volume to warrant making the whipped cream, you'll end up throwing it down the drain.

skypenguin

May 15, 2014
Visit site
Another question you should ask is what are you focused on. If you are focused on volume and getting drinks out quickly, easily, and consistently (but at a lower quality) then the canned whip cream is by far a better approach. If you are focusing on fewer customers with very artistic drinks then serving fresh whip cream will add value to your drinks.

CoffeeJunky

Dec 7, 2012
Michigan, US
Visit site
I think you have decide how much you are using. I was thinking of faster and better way to service my customers but when we are making 15-20 drinks in about 15 mins, I find it difficult to use the dispensers. I still us ready whip from Costco. If someone has faster and better way of making this, please let me know.

Mar 28, 2011
Connecticut
Visit site
What you do is buy a 20 pack of chargers from amazon and a whip cream dispenser from there also. Buy a quart of heavy cream from sams club for $4.00. Mix a ratio of 2/3 heavy cream to 1/3 skim milk (or 3/4 to 1/4 if you want it thicker). Leave about 2inches of space in dispenser and put in 2 tablespoons splenda or sugar, and about 1/2 tablespoon vanilla extract. Put top on, shake well, then charge with charger cartridge (nitrous oxide). We get about 5 dispensers from a quart of heavy cream. All in all it is cheaper and likely not as full of junk as the redi whips.
Len

PinkRose

Super Moderator
Staff member
Feb 28, 2008
Near Philadelphia, PA
Visit site
I think you have decide how much you are using. I was thinking of faster and better way to service my customers but when we are making 15-20 drinks in about 15 mins, I find it difficult to use the dispensers. I still use Ready Whip from Costco. If someone has faster and better way of making this, please let me know.

I don't see anything else being faster or better. It's a pain to assemble the ingredients and use a whipped cream dispenser. Unless you have someone on board who can be trusted to measure the ingredients and do it right, you may as well use the Ready Whip cans of whipped cream. It's cleaner, faster, and people really can't tell the difference.

I worked in a cafe where they used the dispensers and the charger cartridges, and someone didn't do it right, and it exploded cream all over the place. I also noticed that some of the workers weren't cleaning the dispensers out right, and ever since that experience, I always say "No thank you" when someone asks me, "Do you want whipped cream on that?" Where I work now, they use the cans, and it seems to work out fine.

Rose

tazzadiluna

Sep 26, 2011
Visit site
What you do is buy a 20 pack of chargers from amazon and a whip cream dispenser from there also. Buy a quart of heavy cream from sams club for $4.00. Mix a ratio of 2/3 heavy cream to 1/3 skim milk (or 3/4 to 1/4 if you want it thicker). Leave about 2inches of space in dispenser and put in 2 tablespoons splenda or sugar, and about 1/2 tablespoon vanilla extract. Put top on, shake well, then charge with charger cartridge (nitrous oxide). We get about 5 dispensers from a quart of heavy cream. All in all it is cheaper and likely not as full of junk as the redi whips.
Len

Thanks, was wondering how you do that.

chast

Jul 30, 2006
MA
Visit site
If you by the blender such as an ISI and want to add extracts, syrups and or sugar, it is best to mix the ingredients in a separate container then pour into the canister. This will make an even mix. Also use a heavy cream that is not Ultra Pasteurized aka UHT.

Latest posts