Where else can write names on the cup?

Platon

Jun 5, 2014
Visit site
I do not speak in English, so I apologize in advance.

At Starbucks is the most famous tradition - to write the names on the cup. And whether in the United States more espresso bars or other places, where the cup with coffee write your name?

Thanks.

PinkRose

Super Moderator
Staff member
Feb 28, 2008
Near Philadelphia, PA
Visit site
Hello Platon,

Welcome!

Are you asking where on the cup do we write a customer's name?

Are you asking if anyone here writes the customer's name on the coffee cup like Starbucks does?

Rose

PinkRose

Super Moderator
Staff member
Feb 28, 2008
Near Philadelphia, PA
Visit site
I have never worked in a place where they write the customer's name on the cup.

I am very glad I don't have to do it, because people would expect me to remember their names each time they come in for coffee.

shadow745

Aug 15, 2005
Central North Carolina
Visit site
Starbucks should change their policy by requiring the "barista" to write THEIR name on the cup so you know who to throw it at when/if you return.

Still mind blowing that anybody in their right mind still patronizes the King of Char. The company did help bring specialty coffee to the mainstream, but that was YEARS ago. Now they just ruin everything they touch.

shadow745

Aug 15, 2005
Central North Carolina
Visit site
I have never worked in a place where they write the customer's name on the cup.

I am very glad I don't have to do it, because people would expect me to remember their names each time they come in for coffee.

Why not P.R.? Customers are blown away when treated as such... I not only remembered names/vehicles for each customer, but usually had their drink completed by the time they reached the door.

Go a step further and let a customer create/name a new drink concoction as a monthly special.

PinkRose

Super Moderator
Staff member
Feb 28, 2008
Near Philadelphia, PA
Visit site
I have a very hard time remembering names. It would be too embarrassing to have a customer expect me to know his name after telling me three times, and I still wouldn't remember it. So, I'm very glad I don't have to ask for a name to put on a cup. I remember faces and I often remember what people like to order, but names are a whole different story.

Sparky90

Jul 10, 2014
Visit site
I've heard too many things about names being spelt wrong etc, it's become a bit of a joke and is backfiring I think. Nice gimmick at first though.

tazzadiluna

Sep 26, 2011
Visit site
I'll admit if there's no other coffee shop around, I end up going to Starbucks. I do give my husband's name, though, and not mine. Haha! :-D