Iced Coffee at Local Event/Festival

robertj180

May 20, 2014
Visit site
We are opening a coffee shop(yay!), should be opening our doors in about 3 weeks. Our opening coincides with a local street festival (arts,crafts,etc). We are seriously considering getting a booth and serving iced coffee. Our tentative plan was to cold-brew the coffee, mix with milk and flavor, and put back into 1 gallon jugs and then serve over ice at the event. The event had about 19,500 attendees in 2012, and I wouldn't say there has been explosive growth since then. My concern is mostly with the logistics, primarily with ice storage. Does anyone have any suggestions or ideas for ice storage, or for our plan overall?

Thanks,

Robert

peterjschmidt

Oct 10, 2013
Milwaukee, WI
Visit site
Do you already have a satisfactory recipe for the cold-brew? I.e., brewing a concentrate, as opposed to just brewing coffee and cooling it down?

I would think a couple good sized coolers would work for storing ice. And then a smaller cooler to store the ice you're using, so that you only have to open the storage coolers to pull another bag out of it.

FuelSoGood

Jul 2, 2014
Tullahoma, TN
Visit site
Hi Robert:

We are a small roaster/coffee shop and set up at a local festival in a 10x10 tent. Knowing ahead that we had access to electrical (check your power ability) we bought a small (7 cu ft) chest freezer and stocked it full of bagged ice. We only sold frappe' drinks (mostly coffee flavored ones) because it was so hot outside and we did not want to compromise the taste of our freshly roasted coffee not being prepared as it would be in our shop. All the best with your new shop!

Brenda

robertj180

May 20, 2014
Visit site
We were planning on doing the cold-brew or let-it-steep-for-a-long-time-at-room-temp method.

We should have access to electrical, I didn't think about bringing a freezer. I'll also check and see if they have a designated ice vendor.

Thanks for the input everyone.

Latest posts