Starbucks delivery?! What are your main concerns?

CoffeeCurious

Sep 19, 2014
Visit site
Hii Everyone :coffee:

I've been posting on another forum here with similar questions, and now that Starbucks has announced its delivery service I thought I could learn something from your opinions on it!

What are your thoughts on Starbucks delivering their coffee as as subscription service from next year? Would you miss that coffee house experience, your break time from work?

What do you expect them to do quality/service-wise that would really drive you to try it out? Would you subscribe to this?

CoffeeCurious

Sep 19, 2014
Visit site
Valid question, Peter!

I copy my post from another forum here:

"Hello All!

I am a research student (and coffee lover :smile:) from Cornell University, Johnson School of Management and we are studying innovative ideas relating to the coffee industry. Talking to coffee connoiseurs directly for their opinions and ideas is an invaluable part of our research process; which is why I have come to Coffee Forums :coffee: If the admin of this group require my personal id or any university verification, I will personally provide it to them at any point.

One topic of our research is to see the viability of delivering coffee; assuming that there was a way to keep coffee warm and fresh, will there be a demand for coffee to be delivered, say, via pressing a button on an app, by the coffee drinking masses out there?

What do you coffee fans think? ...Would you want your latte delivered to you? Any expectations or skepticisms?

If so, what would you be willing to pay for delivery? And how much time will you be willing to wait for your cuppa?

Thank you so much in advance for any help!!!"

---And..that..is why :) This announcement by starbucks gives me a chance to hear the skepticisms/expectations/ view points of coffee fans here on a similar topic! And I'm still waiting to hear them; thank you Yurong :)

Mar 28, 2011
Connecticut
Visit site
Hii Everyone :coffee:

I've been posting on another forum here with similar questions, and now that Starbucks has announced its delivery service I thought I could learn something from your opinions on it!

What are your thoughts on Starbucks delivering their coffee as as subscription service from next year? Would you miss that coffee house experience, your break time from work?

What do you expect them to do quality/service-wise that would really drive you to try it out? Would you subscribe to this?

How much $$$ is Starbucks providing you for your polling?

I charge $100/hour for my opinion and I provide extremely lengthy very burdensome and onerous to the recipient answers. I accept bitcoin.

Len

Last edited:

PinkRose

Super Moderator
Staff member
Feb 28, 2008
Near Philadelphia, PA
Visit site
I am a research student (and coffee lover) from Cornell University, Johnson School of Management and we are studying innovative ideas relating to the coffee industry. Talking to coffee connoiseurs directly for their opinions and ideas is an invaluable part of our research process; which is why I have come to Coffee Forums. If the admin of this group require my personal id or any university verification, I will personally provide it to them at any point.

You said you're studying innovative ideas relating to the coffee industry. Why did you choose the coffee industry for this research? Will you be writing a paper based on your findings?

CoffeeCurious

Sep 19, 2014
Visit site
CoffeeRoasterClub, I wish I was getting paid, what with my student debt spinning out of control!

Thank you very much, Yurong. In my opinion, I think many of today's conveniences were at one point of time unimaginable; such as the car, flights, elevator and so on. Corporations have time and again innovated and made things work to make life more interesting (I'm not saying healthy, or desirable here as those don't always follow from what is 'convenient' or interesting) for us. I believe this is because they have the resources to conduct in-depth research and ofcourse, they stand first in line to profit from it. So, I do feel that one day coffee delivery by whichever company will be a reality just like those other modern day conveniences.
Ofcourse, it will be so difficult to make it work, but again...no different than it was to get man airborne. So, I think given the right investment in technology and having a strong focus on meeting the consumer's needs, coffee delivery can be successful.

PinkRose, we chose the coffee industry for the project for two reasons: (1) It posed interesting challenges in gathering data and research, as you can see here; not much research has been done on it, unlike the saturated pizza and chinese/indian food delivery market. (2) All the members of our team are coffee lovers and thought it would be fun to do something we like, rather than work on something that we don't have a passion for. (3) We won't be writing a paper, but we will be presenting in front of our classmates, who have worked on other projects of their choosing.

PinkRose

Super Moderator
Staff member
Feb 28, 2008
Near Philadelphia, PA
Visit site
PinkRose, we chose the coffee industry for the project for two reasons: (1) It posed interesting challenges in gathering data and research, as you can see here; not much research has been done on it, unlike the saturated pizza and chinese/indian food delivery market. (2) All the members of our team are coffee lovers and thought it would be fun to do something we like, rather than work on something that we don't have a passion for. (3) We won't be writing a paper, but we will be presenting in front of our classmates, who have worked on other projects of their choosing.

Will your team come up with a conclusion or recommendation based on your findings? It sounds like you personally think a coffee delivery service is possible. Do your other team members feel the same?

Mr.Peaberry

Aug 7, 2013
Visit site
how lazy can we get, guys? If i'm going to order coffee to be delivered to me, i might as well just make my own coffee at home!

I think it's more of how much one recognizes what they can't get from a mass retailer like Starbucks. Once you move beyond ordinary, you don't go asking to have it delivered...lol! I'm not saying I don't drink Starbucks, but it's only for two reasons: 1, I get free beans brought home by my daughter who works for Starbucks, and 2, when I'm on the road and can't find a Peete's coffee, then I will usually stop at a Starbucks. Yes, Starbucks has it's place, but I would sooner order coffee delivered from a place that serves better coffee than Starbucks for sure.