Which Coffee Shop offers the best coffee so far?

cafeluxehome

Apr 7, 2015
Visit site
I have been to a lot of cafes/coffee shops and tastes different kinds of coffee. I am wondering if you have any favorite coffee shops that have the best coffee for you.

SingleMaltKaffe

Feb 7, 2015
Visit site
Near my workplace (The Emerald City) there's quite a few "boutique" Coffee Shops that I like:

Espresso Vivace

Caffè Umbria

Caffe Vita

I've yet to experience Elm Coffee Roasters, Ladro Roasting, Milstead & Co., and Broadcast Coffee Roaster.

ensoluna

Banned
Apr 29, 2014
Quetzaltenango, Guatemala
Visit site
I tried a lot of different coffee shops in our area. I live in Long Beach and normally in Long Beach downtown (where SCAA main office is at) offers several good coffee shops with specialty coffees. either that, I can also go to LA downtown (bit east/south area) where few very well known (nationally) coffee shops at.

however, few month ago, I found a new place in Buena Park, CA. Van Dyke Coffee Roaster (owned by Q & R grader, Justin Kim & just opened his shop about six month ago) that offers best latte and few other specialty coffees along with THE BEST DESERTS IN TOWN. (actually all made by Justin's mom). He also roasts his own coffee at his shop.

John P

Jan 5, 2007
Salt Lake City
Visit site
It depends where you are in your coffee journey what you will classify as "best". I believe that there is a definitive difference between good and bad, but once you get to good (great, fantastic, etc.) there is personal preference.

Outside of our own coffee, I also like the consistent excellence of Espresso Vivace, I like what Heart and Coava are doing in Portland, and Verve out in Santa Cruz (and other locations) is terrific as well. Ritual, Four Barrel, and Wrecking Ball in San Francisco have great coffee too. A lot depends on the consistency and skill of their barista as well as what sort of roast and flavor profile suits you.

ensoluna

Banned
Apr 29, 2014
Visit site
A lot depends on the consistency and skill of their barista as well as what sort of roast and flavor profile suits you.

I completely agree with John P about "a lot depends on the consistency and skill of their barista"
so many times, i got disappointed due to "inconsistency" of barista. So normally, I go to my favorite coffee shop during "my favorite barist" working hours.

topher

Super Moderator
Staff member
Aug 14, 2003
Boca Raton
Visit site
Always love my experience at Storyville! Here is the deal..a speaker at the last SCAA hit it on the nose. It comes down to the experience..everyone has the the "best" coffee. It's come the point where everyone better be on point when it comes to customer service. People will no longer tolerate the pretentious barista. I saw the change in one year in Seattle....last year I went to every shop I had time to. The baristas last year they were some shops that was pure attitude...like no one knew coffee better than them. This year I felt welcomed in every shop I went in. I hope this continues!

mars

Apr 21, 2015
Visit site
No alex . I live in missouri . I was just in cali a couple days ago . I took some roaster classes from Mike Perry . I did a caffeine crawl . I went to go get em tiger , portola , chocxo , longshot , klatch , augies coffee roasters , laguna beach coffee roasters (suprisingly good) , enne caffe , stumptown and peets .

ensoluna

Banned
Apr 29, 2014
Visit site
No alex . I live in missouri . I was just in cali a couple days ago . I took some roaster classes from Mike Perry . I did a caffeine crawl . I went to go get em tiger , portola , chocxo , longshot , klatch , augies coffee roasters , laguna beach coffee roasters (suprisingly good) , enne caffe , stumptown and peets .

oh, ya. i remember that about you having some classes with Mike.
hope that you really had a good time in California.
thanks

mars

Apr 21, 2015
Visit site
It was an experience . Humbling and awakening . I got to do espresso tastings with heather perry too , a suprising bonus ! :)

coffeeslang

May 27, 2015
Mississippi
Visit site
I live on the Mississippi Gulf Coast and believe it or not, we have a 3rd wave coffee shop on the beach called Cat Island Coffee Shop. If you're ever in the area I highly recommend this spot as it's beautiful location and structure.