single sink vs 3 compartment sink

chast

Jul 30, 2006
MA
Visit site
Took awhile but we won the battle over the need for a triple sink and mop sink vs just a single commercial sink. All Installed today and approved! We do not cook, bake or prepare food!!
sink.jpg

Madelaine

May 14, 2015
Visit site
Congrats! We're about to start that battle; county health department wants to treat us like a restaurant, even though we plan to do strictly roasting and cupping / tasting out of the gate. If we play by their rules, we'll have to get a 3-compartment, hand sink, and mop sink, all in our fairly small space.

Are you doing only to-go coffee, or will you have washables (mugs, plates, etc)?

slurp

Jun 24, 2014
Hollywood Fl
Visit site
We never had a three compartment sink until our expansion. I use to think it was a waste. After having one I do not know why we did not have one before. It makes life so much easier IMO.

chast

Jul 30, 2006
MA
Visit site
in MA if you have a 3 bay sink, you are required to install an interceptor. When you do that you have to pay a company 100-150 per month to suck it out. No cooking no grease. I would have went along with the 2 bay sink but would not install a mop sink.