Mobile coffee backpacks NYC will it catch on??

CoffeeKings

Jun 9, 2015
Visit site
Hi,

my best friend, my wife and I are thinking to start a Business in NYC.
I have a few state off the art backpacks with 40Liters tanks.
Coffee will be hot for at least 4 hours. We want to stand at several points in NYC.

Cause were not from the states (Dutch, the Netherlands) I’m curious if it will catch on.
Will people buy of someone on the street??

I’m very interested in your thoughts.

Thnx in advanced!

expat

May 1, 2012
Ireland
Visit site
Street food in NYC is everywhere so folks are open to the idea but will coffee catch on? You're going to have to give it a try to find out. And in NYC there has got to be some kind of license you'll have to pay for, and a health department inspection, and who knows what else (there probably is something else knowing NYC) .

PinkRose

Super Moderator
Staff member
Feb 28, 2008
Near Philadelphia, PA
Visit site
I'm having a hard time picturing this set-up.

Will you each be carrying a 40 liter tank full of coffee on your backs? How will you get from your base location (where you make the coffee) to the street corners that you plan to stand on? Will you supply creamers and sweeteners too?

I know I wouldn't buy coffee from a setup like that, especially since the coffee will have been sitting around for four hours.... but in NYC practically anything seems possible.

I'm curious....why don't you just get a coffee cart and do it right?

Rose

topher

Super Moderator
Staff member
Aug 14, 2003
Boca Raton
Visit site
I used to help a friend out at the Tampa Bay Lightening games( GO BOLTS!) She had 6 carts total..she wanted to reach fans during the game not just at intermission. We played with the idea of Rocket packs. I searched and couldn't find the online..guess no on wanted to buy. Here is something similar Rocket Man . The reason we decided against was the wasn't a way to have cream and what not..plus she thought it was a lawsuit waiting to happen.

CoffeeKings

Jun 9, 2015
Visit site
Hi Rose,

Thnx for your comment.

We are looking in too a cart as home base right now.
When we do that we can use the 20 or 15 liters backpacks. That will keep the coffee fresher because it will be shorter in the tanks. (But off course we expect to sellout a tank much sooner than four hours ;) And to keep a good quality maybe it’s better to refresh the coffee after an hour.
Plus we have an extra selling point. So thnx for pointing that out to me it’s the way to go it seems.

If you have more thoughts be happy to hear them.

Henk

CoffeeKings

Jun 9, 2015
Visit site
Hi Expat,

We have looked up ever license etc. So we are prepared on that.
But thnx for the comment on that.

We are definitely going to try it. I’m just researching the market as best as a can before we go and try it.

Henk

DRowPrinting

Jun 4, 2015
Visit site
Hi dear Henk,

I saw your messages in my inbox. And if you have more interests in coffee cup, please send me the message to the sales@drowprinting(dot)com.

BR