I want to start my own mobile coffee company

El_cafeteroman

Jul 7, 2015
California
Visit site
Hi everybody,

Im fairly new to the forum but have been spending a lot of time reading through similar threads. I am in the process of writing a business strategy for a proposed mobile coffee van and am doing some research. I have decided to go with a 2012-2015 Ford Transit Connect van and retrofit it to house an espresso machine/grinder/mini-fridge/generator/water-tank (30gal)/grey water-tank/ and hand sink.

As far as main components I feel like I have a good understanding, what smaller pieces will I need to make this come together? Any good links or references would be great as well.

I have seen many Ford Transit's used as coffee vans, Im wondering...is there a pre-made housing unit for all of this to fit nicely or are they custom made?

Thanks!

Hogfish

Feb 19, 2014
Visit site
El_cafeteroman,

I know a husband and wife couple that did a conversion themselves on a Ford Transit. I know the Transit well as I drive one to work everyday, lol. The husband did the buildout for his wife and did a hell of a job IMHO, as he has a pretty strong engineering background. Although they did a solid job on the buildout, I should note that the business appeared to be a difficult one. They were and perhaps still are (I say this because at one point they had the business listed for sale) doing a coffee route to different business establishments on a weekly basis. Growth was slow and the weekly loss was made up by the husband's salary while his wife worked diligently to grow the business. I hope this might be of some help.

Cheers,

A