Wedding Coffee Bar Advice

jwade20

Nov 11, 2014
Visit site
I am a coffee roaster & getting several requests on doing wedding coffee bars. It would not include an espresso bar, but mainly several kinds of coffee on pour-over, cold-brew.

What is the pricing guidelines for this? Is it normal to provide all of the glassware at these events? If so, what's a good resource on a coffeeware rental spot.

sidg

Jun 7, 2011
Visit site
Figure how much your costs are. Ingredients, staff, travel, etc. then put a 0 behind that number.
Just kidding, though that seems to be the way many wedding vendors do it.
I run a mobile coffee truck and when I quote a wedding or any other event I always start with a minimum charge to just show up. That charge covers a basic number of drinks and is my minimum for what I'll go out for. From there I look at possible cost per drink for the number potentially served and compare that to the per hour cost of being there for the length of time requested and take which ever is more. Don't forget to add tax, gratuity, and travel (if it is any distance ).
As your costs are going to be relatively low as you will be using your own coffee and cups etc shouldn't be that expensive I think it would be best to figure out how much your time and expertise are worth and just charge an hourly rate.

TheGreenJoe

Nov 8, 2014
Albuquerque, NM
Visit site
Just wanted to throw my 2 cents in here...

If they have a caterer, they should already have cups. That will help immensely!

At my wedding we had 200 people. But I doubt we served 200 cups. Probably closer to 50 cups. So, I wouldn't charge by the cup personally. I would charge by the hour.

How much to charge depends on you. I won't get out of bed unless there's 300 bucks waiting for me. But everyone has their own price.

Hope it helps man!