Name for New Coffee Shop

Wilson1802

Dec 21, 2015
Visit site
I am looking at opening a coffee bar which would be located at a commuter train station. The coffee bar will focus on espresso based specialty coffee drinks and also offer pastries and single serve desserts from local bakers. Our goal is to be universally viewed as the best tasting coffee in our area. We will achieve this by using the highest quality ingredients; superior roasters, filtered water system and prepared by skilled baristas.

I am looking at a few names and wanted to get opinions on which name best fit our concept. Keep in mind that "Coffee Bar & Desserts" will be added to each name option.

1. Grind & Tamp
2. Kaldi's
3. Tamp & Steep
4. Wake Up
5. Espresso Xchange

Mr.Peaberry

Aug 7, 2013
Visit site
Welcome to coffeeforums.com Wilson1802. Hope you hang around. Well I don't like the word tamp, so options 1 & 3 in my opinion are out. Kaldi's is probably over used and does not imply any creativity in naming what you hope to be a singularly unique coffee experience. I would combine 4 & 5 to get "Espresso Up"...just a thought.

John P

Jan 5, 2007
Salt Lake City
Visit site
Hmmmm...

I suppose that "Sir Reginald Worthington's Coffee Bar & Desserts" is out then?

On a more serious note, I kind of agree with Mr. Peaberry's initial thought, but I would keep brainstorming. "Wake Up" is too generic and you don't want to use "Espresso" in the name and then follow it with "Coffee Bar". That would be just weird.

Focus on the part of the business where you provide the "best tasting coffee" in your area. The name will come.

JumpinJakJava

Dec 12, 2011
Thomaston, CT
Visit site
Welcome to the forums. My personal feeling is too much thought is put in names. I know most will disagree with me.
The name will come as John already stated. But I will remember a great product and its location.
Your goal is to supply the best coffee in your area. That will be your footing for success.

Keep in mind I am a "corny guy", My thought for a name would be "All Aboard Coffee.. And".
Hoping only the best in your new venture!

Mr.Peaberry

Aug 7, 2013
Visit site
New Gnu Coffee?
NewGnu.jpg

ensoluna

Banned
Apr 29, 2014
Quetzaltenango, Guatemala
Visit site
I am looking at opening a coffee bar which would be located at a commuter train station. The coffee bar will focus on espresso based specialty coffee drinks and also offer pastries and single serve desserts from local bakers. Our goal is to be universally viewed as the best tasting coffee in our area. We will achieve this by using the highest quality ingredients; superior roasters, filtered water system and prepared by skilled baristas.

I am looking at a few names and wanted to get opinions on which name best fit our concept. Keep in mind that "Coffee Bar & Desserts" will be added to each name option.

1. Grind & Tamp
2. Kaldi's
3. Tamp & Steep
4. Wake Up
5. Espresso Xchange

since it is at commuter train station, I would go with....
"Espresso Train Depot" Coffee Bar & Desserts.

but that sounds too long, so I would go with...

ESPRESSO Train Depot
- Coffee bars & Desserts -

or Just..[FONT=Helvetica, Arial]..
ESPRESSO Train Coffee Bars & Desserts
[/FONT]

topher

Super Moderator
Staff member
Aug 14, 2003
Boca Raton
Visit site
Here are a couple incorporating train terminology
1. Espresso Express
We keep you on track
2. Helpers Espresso
helpers are locomotives used assist tonnage trains over steep grades
you could call your barristas, "hoggers"(nickname for engineer)
3. Outlawed Espresso- "Outlawed" Is a train crew members who have reached their daily 12 hour maximum of hours worked must cease working due to regulations
4. Station Master Espresso
5. Switchman Espresso.
6.Tank car coffee
7. Wayside Espresso

dodgin30

Jan 14, 2016
Visit site
I don't want to hijack a thread, but I was looking for some quick input on a name I'm mulling over for my mobile coffee operation based out of an orange pop top camper.

Orange Carafe Coffee Co (Giraffe based logo?)

Pop Top Coffee Co

Open to ideas as well.

friedcoffee

Jan 12, 2016
India
Visit site
- Espresso On Tracks
- Espresso Trekkers
- Adventure Espresso
- Espresso Explorers
- Espresso & More
- Cafe De Commuter
- Espresso Dhaba (Dhaba is an Indian word referring to relaxing food outlets on outer areas.)

PinkRose

Super Moderator
Staff member
Feb 28, 2008
Near Philadelphia, PA
Visit site
I don't want to hijack a thread, but I was looking for some quick input on a name I'm mulling over for my mobile coffee operation based out of an orange pop top camper.

Orange Carafe Coffee Co (Giraffe based logo?)

Pop Top Coffee Co

Open to ideas as well.

Yes, you did hijack the thread.
It's better if you start your own.
In the meantime, here's a suggestion for a name:

Pop Up's Coffee