pre-packaged treats

gimme_coffee

May 6, 2005
Indiana
Visit site
I was watching Food Network and the dessert trade show special and it got me to thinking of what kind of desserts my hubby and I would like to serve in our coffee shop and I'd like to know which companies everyone else prefers or if there are any to shy away from.

I welcome both positive and negative reactions to different companies. Feel free to PM me with your opinions if you'd rather not share with everyone.

CCafe

Aug 11, 2004
Des Moines, Iowa
Visit site
At the shop I work at most of the treats are purchased through local business that produce them. I personally would rather see my money stay local, then line the pockets of a person several states away!

gimme_coffee

May 6, 2005
Indiana
Visit site
I hear ya there! But if someone couldn't get the treat they were after locally, then who would you recommend?

*makes note to start looking around for local suppliers*

e_institute

May 4, 2005
Visit site
for prepackaged treats we use peters imports. yes, they're expensive even at the wholesale price, but we feel our customers are looking for something exotic when they come in. they sell pretty well. maybe not the bulk inventory movement of a hershey bar, but hey, where else are you gonna get treats made from all over the world. :)