Small mobile coffee trailer layout

stuartmac

Feb 5, 2018
NB Canada
Visit site
Looking for any suggestions on layout tips for my coffee trailer, trailer is a 6x12 mti cargo trailer that i allready own, i would like bigger but also trying to build on a budget so saving 8k off the top is nice.

i have done a rough (please no judging my awful sketchup skills) draft on counter layout, i had to move things around to accommodate the blender as i guess were going to try smoothies even though im not thrilled about the ice machine running on the trailer thing.

Machine is a two group lever, followed by pitcher rinser knock box, grinder 1 and 2 (decaf maybe....) then the hand sink, blender ek43 and newco airpot brewer.
Underneath will be double bar back fridge , ice machine (maybe) and storage space and the holding tank. i would like the water to be on the oppsite side under the serving window to balance the weight but im not sure it will work. Screen Shot 2018-02-05 at 8.56.58 PM.png

Anyone see any issues with this or have any work flow suggestions.

Last edited:

Musicphan

May 11, 2014
Kansas City
Visit site
A few suggestions - Check your electrical load... you are going to be shocked at how much power your going to need to run that much equipment. You will need a significant sized generator and its going to be tough to place. Move your handsink next to your other sink - you will want to run those with common plumbing / water heater. I would simplify and run one espresso runner... left side of machine grinder / knock box with the right side for rinser. I would also question the Newco brewer... your buying a 2K grinder for a inexpensive brewer. Think about weight as well - most of the weight needs to be closest to the hitch.

stuartmac

Feb 5, 2018
NB Canada
Visit site
A few suggestions - Check your electrical load... you are going to be shocked at how much power your going to need to run that much equipment. You will need a significant sized generator and its going to be tough to place. Move your handsink next to your other sink - you will want to run those with common plumbing / water heater. I would simplify and run one espresso runner... left side of machine grinder / knock box with the right side for rinser. I would also question the Newco brewer... your buying a 2K grinder for a inexpensive brewer. Think about weight as well - most of the weight needs to be closest to the hitch.

Astoria lever is propane, Genny is a 6kw diesel apu thats been modified and i have cut the front off the trailer and added a mounting plate to the frame for the genny along with two 30lb propane tanks, this is pushing my hitch weight into the 400lb range, water tank will be behind the back axle to balance out the hitch weight a bit , im also running a 900ah battery bank with 2k inverter charger than will run the fridge so the genny can be shut down at idle. Flojet for sink water is 12v and running off genny battery , flojet for espresso machine is bottle fed and running off 120v. Water heater is propane.

The EK was given to me for service work i did it was in rough shape and was basically free, its just what i have on hand. I dont own a simple bunn shop grinder. The newco is an older model that i have insulated the boiler on and added a pid for a bit more control, ive also added a momentary button to the water solenoid for pre soak bloom. The only good thing about the newco is its only 11a, most of the other brewers use to much power. Again its what i have and the fetco xts that i want is a bit out of my price range right now.

The majority of my money right now is going into fabrication and getting the trailer finished.