Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Quote Originally Posted by WhyCoffee View Post
    I found it when I Google "best coffee environment surroundings" images, not a single cart picture showed up...
    I am sure things will be different if I search "coffee quickies for coffee junkies" instead.
    A lot of what you find on Google searches is simply opinion based, nothing more. A mobile setup really fills the bill in certain environments, demographic locations, etc. When we ran our mobile setup at a daily spot many of our customers didn't care to sit back and relax, the just needed something to make their morning go a lot smoother and be able to get it on the go. We also setup vending for all sorts of events from marathons, to fall festivals, birthday parties, street fairs, etc. Brick/mortar and scenic places have their place, but are no better than mobile vending, just different.
    I'm a legend among my own kind... you my friend are just a legend in your own mind. Later!

Quote Originally Posted by WhyCoffee View Post
    Well, just like everything in life: there is first choice, second choice, third choice, ..., ..., no choice (have to take it)...
    If you really care about something, you don't want to make it dirt cheap: the reason Italians don't want Pizza Hut in their country.
    Do explain... with our mobile setup we had an awesome 2 group Nuova Simonelli machine/grinder (Italian high quality) that I controlled manually for every extraction as well as texturing the milk by hand for every single drink. Nothing done volumetric/automatically... I kept the grind dialed in on the hour throughout the day by consuming 5-8 doubles on average daily in order to ensure the espresso quality was spot on. I sourced high quality coffees from a local roaster and never used anything that was more than 2-3 weeks post roast and went to visit the roastery to pick up our order the day it was roasted/bagged. For the entire van the water was softened/carbon filtered when the tanks were filled and I sanitized the water tanks, lines, sinks, icemaker, hot water heater, etc. on a very regular basis. How would you possibly think any corners have to be cut when comparing mobile to store front? To operate we had a propane home sized generator if needed, but most locations we had electric for cheap/quiet operating...

Funny thing Italy... they did create espresso, but it took die hard American purists to make it better than the Italians could do it. Well, same with pizza I imagine!
    Last edited by shadow745; 10-06-2019 at 10:15 AM.
    I'm a legend among my own kind... you my friend are just a legend in your own mind. Later!

For the yuppies that lack skill, intelligence or determination to make great coffee at home yeah Charbux is the answer. Howard Schultz has said many times they sell an experience, which is true as their products are seriously lacking. For those of us that actually care about every step involved from the farm to the demitasse environment means little as in I can sip espresso anywhere, while doing anything.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links