Help Please: Coffee lovers webstore - need opinions and suggestions

Coffeeweb

Feb 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi,

i have started a webstore called coffeelovers1801.myshopify.com. I have had a lot of people traffic come to my site but no sells I have tryed to ask people to give their opinion on how they felt When they visited the webstore but I have been ignored. I have a lot of mugs, coffee markers and grinders and even Starbucks Dunkin' Donuts Folgers and other types of coffee. On the site I should love to hear some opinion on about my site and know we're I need to improve at to make it one of the best websites on the Internet . If you don't mine chould you guys give me some feed back

thanks

PinkRose

Super Moderator
Staff member
Feb 28, 2008
Near Philadelphia, PA
Visit site
Hi Coffeeweb,

Just a quick comment . . . . For a first time visitor, the landing page (home page) for your website comes across as a bit scary. At first I wondered what I was looking at - I immediately felt alerted that it was a possible "bad" website. We sometimes get some bad guys by way of the Coffee Forum. Then I realized it was a closeup photo of some coffee mugs. I have a 24" monitor on my computer, so it is possible I'm seeing things a bit bigger than most people do. I have to tell you that I almost exited your website right away, until I realized that the glaring faces were just coffee mugs. I scrolled down the page and took a look, but I didn't explore any further.

~ Rose

Coffeeweb

Feb 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi Coffeeweb,

Just a quick comment . . . . For a first time visitor, the landing page (home page) for your website comes across as a bit scary. At first I wondered what I was looking at - I immediately felt alerted that it was a possible "bad" website. We sometimes get some bad guys by way of the Coffee Forum. Then I realized it was a closeup photo of some coffee mugs. I have a 24" monitor on my computer, so it is possible I'm seeing things a bit bigger than most people do. I have to tell you that I almost exited your website right away, until I realized that the glaring faces were just coffee mugs. I scrolled down the page and took a look, but I didn't explore any further.

~ Rose

Hi Rose,

thank you for your reply I did not realize that the picture of the mugs was all that bad right befor I got your massage on here Someone from Facebook told me the same thing I'll do what I can to fix that. I did not mean for that to scar anyone I'll try to put something else there I need better coffee pictures so I don't have to use my mugs but thank you very much for letting me know. Also I'm not a bad guy I guess just a bit stupid for using those mugs I hope this is a mistake I Able to fix.

LucasG

Mar 11, 2019
Visit site
Personally I would try lowering the resolution of those pictures you have without degrading the quality so much. Right now they look a little bit distorted. You also have way too many pop-ups happening in the first 15 seconds, that does feel like a little too much for a new visitor.

Coffeeweb

Feb 10, 2019
Visit site
Personally I would try lowering the resolution of those pictures you have without degrading the quality so much. Right now they look a little bit distorted. You also have way too many pop-ups happening in the first 15 seconds, that does feel like a little too much for a new visitor.

Hi Lucas,

thank you for your reply. I have tryed to get the pop ups to be disabled or stop popping up so much but truth is I've tryed every thing I can to fix everything on here I have asked everyone I personally know if they can help me and like always no one was willing I'm a person with a developmental disability I wanted so badly to see them life I have always been Business minded and as a person with a disability no one takes me Seriously nobody wants to help I have found myself on my own with starting my business and it hurts Becouse I try hard but never succeed so coffeelovers1801.myshopify.com is up for sale it hurts a lot but it's better for someone else to buy it and I wish who ever the new owner will be the best of luck

PinkRose

Super Moderator
Staff member
Feb 28, 2008
Near Philadelphia, PA
Visit site
Hi Lucas,

thank you for your reply. I have tryed to get the pop ups to be disabled or stop popping up so much but truth is I've tryed every thing I can to fix everything on here I have asked everyone I personally know if they can help me and like always no one was willing I'm a person with a developmental disability I wanted so badly to see them life I have always been Business minded and as a person with a disability no one takes me Seriously nobody wants to help I have found myself on my own with starting my business and it hurts Becouse I try hard but never succeed so coffeelovers1801.myshopify.com is up for sale it hurts a lot but it's better for someone else to buy it and I wish who ever the new owner will be the best of luck

Hi Coffeeweb,

I'm sorry to hear that you are giving up and thinking about selling your website.

If you contact the administrators at high schools, community colleges, and business schools and explain that you need help with your website, they may be willing to pass the information on to the instructors and students. Sometimes the students are looking for extra projects (for extra credit or just for the experience). Some schools have websites where you can contact the instructors (website design classes) and if you explain what you're looking for, you may get the help that you need. Local libraries sometimes offer technical assistance, so it may be worth looking into.

~ Rose

Coffeeweb

Feb 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi Rose,

thank you very much for this info. I actually looked into a state and federal funded program that helps people like me become a better Business owner I have not received any offers on my website so if nobody buys it I might just keep it I'm hoping that the Business program I'm looking into will help teach me better on how to get customers I appreciate all the advice you guys have given me on this forum I love coffee I can't tell you when I first started to drink it feels like I have been drinking it my whole life so I wanted to start my coffee webstore to help the coffee industry grow more and help small coffee shops and people looking for to start a coffee cart business I never want to give up on things so I'm hoping any kind of programs to help people with businesses can help me thanks again for your reply

topher

Super Moderator
Staff member
Aug 14, 2003
Boca Raton
Visit site
One question. Have you thought of selling coffee on your site? I just checked it out and it was hard to find coffee on your site. I did see a bag of DD but didn't see how to purchase. I would find a local roaster and showcase their coffee.