Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Musicphan View Post
    I've been using Green Strip cold cups / lids / straws for YEARS (7-... every once in a while I will get some lids that are bit brittle that must have received some heat. Otherwise I have no issue with these at all. You do have to keep them away from sunlight or heat. For example, when I just have ice left in my drink and I leave it in my hot car - it will shrink - kinda like shrinky dinks for those who know what those are

https://www.ecoproductsstore.com/gre...cold_cups.html
    Musicpan,

I'm glad the Green Strip cold cups are working out for you. Did you experiment with them before you decided to use them full time? I probably would have taken one and given it a blast with a hair dryer just to see what would happen.

I remember Shrinky Dinks .... and after doing a Google search a few minutes ago, I discovered that they still sell them.

~ Rose

Thumbs down

Quote Originally Posted by PinkRose View Post
    I was curious, so I did a little searching. I was surprised to see that there are actually eco-friendly biodegradable cold drink cups that are made out of corn. I guess it's true that you learn something new every day.
    Actually those "biodegrage" corn plastic cups don't biodegrage. They can only be composted at a facility. They also are worse than normal #5 plastic, which can be recycled. The Starbucks straws and cold cups are PLA (aka corn plastic), are only compostable but only 1% if them are properly composted. Ugh...I hate when companies pretend to be eco friendly to make money when they truly are not.

BIC
    People are the most selfish specie in this planet. I highly doubt that people will drop anything for higher causes.
    whatever horrible things happened in the past and present, mostly it is due to one of our hideous characters.

BIC
    I am experiencing almost everyday when I am in Guatemala doing coffee and NGO work......that is the Truth
    So I guess I am not so lucky at all in that sense.......

BIC
    Quote Originally Posted by WhyCoffee View Post
    You are lucky Guatemala never under Communist rule...
    well.... in many cases, a silent fart is way worse than a loud one. certainly applies to Guatemala coffee monopoly game that big boys play in that country.

Well, that's a hard one and it's been already mentioned, that some bio-degradable options are not that eco-friendly.
    We have a coffee to-go business, and yes, we are looking for a proper solution, though it's still very problematic. So we decided to give a small discounts for our customers who brings their own mugs.
    Personally, I have tried many, and recently got hooked on these bamboo cups.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links