Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    BIC
    Quote Originally Posted by BIC View Post
    PS: Zombie coffee could be a good name for your future coffee shop or coffee brand, ha ha ha
    Zombie Hellbilly brew from Organic Peru????
    I won't be drinking coffee for a while........ I wonder what they were thinking....

Should coffee shops offer some discount for the people who bring in their own cup?-zomb-mnn_1.jpg

When we ran a mobile espresso based setup we gave a .25 discount for those that supplied their own mug, travel cup, etc. That saved a decent amount as good to-go cups/lids aren't cheap and less waste thrown in the trash. That worked extremely well for one customer/superfan in particular as her to-go was espresso based lattes (hot, iced and blended) that was approaching 1 gallon. She had several 32-48 oz. insulated travel cups/kegs and I filled them up with what she ordered. Imagine how many 16 oz. cups/lids/straws that saved... I had no problem giving anybody's mug/travel cup a wash/rinse/sanitize in the sink and let the drinks rip.
    Last edited by shadow745; 07-31-2019 at 01:38 PM.
    I'm a legend among my own kind... you my friend are just a legend in your own mind. Later!

BIC
    Quote Originally Posted by shadow745 View Post
    When we ran a mobile espresso based setup we gave a .25 discount for those that supplied their own mug, travel cup, etc. That saved a decent amount as good to-go cups/lids aren't cheap and less waste thrown in the trash. That worked extremely well for one customer/superfan in particular as her to-go was espresso based lattes (hot, iced and blended) that was approaching 1 gallon. She had several 32-48 oz. insulated travel cups/kegs and I filled them up with what she ordered. Imagine how many 16 oz. cups/lids/straws that saved... I had no problem giving anybody's mug/travel cup a wash/rinse/sanitize in the sink and let the drinks rip.
    yup. that sounds great.
    I completely agree with you. if everyone can bring their own travel mugs, can you imagine how much of plastic wastes we can avoid for this planet?
    also, I don't have any problem with cleaning customer's cup. I think it should be a part of service and probably that service will bring in more customers.

What if the customer has Ebola/AIDS/TB/etc.?

If you go to a buffet restaurant and see customers take their used plates back to the buffet table to refill, are you going to go back there again? I won't.

Quote Originally Posted by WhyCoffee View Post
    What if the customer has Ebola/AIDS/TB/etc.?

If you go to a buffet restaurant and see customers take their used plates back to the buffet table to refill, are you going to go back there again? I won't.
    I'm a firm/serious believer in sanitation, but judging people on that level is a bit much. FWIW I'm battling a life threatening illness along those lines. Not contagious, but I actually tell people I'm in contact with just so they're OK with it.

Restaurants I frequent have high sanitation grades and mandate using a clean plate, bowl, etc. for every single trip to the buffet, salad bar, etc.
    I'm a legend among my own kind... you my friend are just a legend in your own mind. Later!

I don't judge anybody. I am only trying to point out everything people do have a reason. If you don't know the reason, ask; if you know the reason and still want to do it, take the consequence.

Yes, that is something coffee shops are already doing and I think that that is admirable. It helps to lower the plastic we use every day. Someone here compared it with "that would be the same as bringing my own plates to a restaurant" - be real, is it really? Can you compare the wreckage that the elephant does in a porcelain shop to the damage that a fly do in the same shop? those are two different things. Besides - restuarants dont ask you to eat from plastic dishes, they reuse them after washing.

IT is a big deal to rduce the plastic waste, every little helps. And plastic cups isnt a little thing.

Well, your health is a little thing then. I just don't believe somebody who don't even care about their own health care about other people's health.

BIC
    Quote Originally Posted by jonuk View Post
    IT is a big deal to reduce the plastic waste, every little helps. And plastic cups isnt a little thing.
    well said.
    someone said that "if all worms in our planet disappear, the earth will die in few years. Also, if all insects disappear, all living things will also die in a couple of years. but if all human disappears, the our planet will flourish."

environmentally, we are getting to a point where we got to do something very positive for our earth. And using less plastic is one of the solutions.

I would do a discount if someone brought their own thermos, and if my coffee shop sold thermos's- then I'd do the same or similar cost for a refill- if they had purchased one of ours.
    $14 for a thermos $0.50 a refill -or- bring your own thermos- $0.65 a fill for the same sized one. Something like that.
    That's fair.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links