Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Super Moderator

Covid-19 - Has seen the effects of COVID-19 yet ??

Checking in to see if anyone has seen the effects of COVID-19 yet. Other businesses in the area are feeling the affects of older guests staying home. I have seen a small dip but others have it bad. A friend works at Grand Lux near the ice arena. There was Jersey being retired and the staff was ready. They always get hit after events like that....nope. It was dead. I know you all know it but Im going to say it anyway...train your staff to wash their hands and keep them away from their faces. Can you imagine if your name was in the news for a case of COVID-19? Oh well, stay hydrated and stay well.
    "Wine is for aging, not coffee."
    Ken Hutchinson, Starsky and Hutch

No slowdown yet...

Personally, I don't quite grasp the issue. Yes I understand that it is a more viralent form of the flu, but the panick caused is beyond me. I mean, didn't the flu kill 60,000 Americans last year ? What has Corona killed ? Then again, I don't quite grasp sick people having little consideration for others and being out and about while sick.

Back to the subject at hand. I am here in Guatemala and tourism is down. Before I left, I understand that Chinatown was a ghost town as people generally avoided Chinese restaurants for fear of infection. Then again, you see mainland Chinese people walking around with masks on.......most of them useless (not only are they ignorant as to effectiveness of the mask but the affect of the mask).

I scream to myself, "THIS IS CANADA!" This is not a third world country. Stop acting like you are from the third world! End of rant.

some decrease noted due to people not wanting to be around others. I'm thinking about putting up a sign that says essential oils like oil of oregano will kill COVID-19 and we use it here to see if that will help.

Quote Originally Posted by wmark View Post
    Personally, I don't quite grasp the issue. Yes I understand that it is a more viralent form of the flu, but the panick caused is beyond me. I mean, didn't the flu kill 60,000 Americans last year ? What has Corona killed ? Then again, I don't quite grasp sick people having little consideration for others and being out and about while sick.

Back to the subject at hand. I am here in Guatemala and tourism is down. Before I left, I understand that Chinatown was a ghost town as people generally avoided Chinese restaurants for fear of infection. Then again, you see mainland Chinese people walking around with masks on.......most of them useless (not only are they ignorant as to effectiveness of the mask but the affect of the mask).

I scream to myself, "THIS IS CANADA!" This is not a third world country. Stop acting like you are from the third world! End of rant.
    True that Covid-19 is a more virulent form of the flu. But to compare the number of deaths from the flu to covid-19 is comparing apples to oranges. The flu as we know it has traveled around the globe many times and has been around for years, decades, centuries. This thing, covid-19, is brand spanking new. It hasn't hit everywhere. But judging by how quickly it has traveled and how many people are dying from it, suggests that there is more to be concerned about than just another flu like virus.
    Absurdity is the only reality - FZ

I live in Canada and am currently visiting Guatemala.

Ya IFixJura........like the person that died of Corona in California......over 80 with multiple ailments. Headline is that he died from the Corona virus but they guy had one foot in the grave already

This is an interesting look at the data... someone posted it on my FB page today... worth a look ... you decide. Although I know a good friend in Italy on study and she says its a bit freaky.

https://informationisbeautiful.net/v...VW4u9WsVy3pZrk

Quote Originally Posted by Musicphan View Post
    This is an interesting look at the data... someone posted it on my FB page today... worth a look ... you decide. Although I know a good friend in Italy on study and she says its a bit freaky.
    Nice statistics.

So I have a question. People who got cured - they were cured by some known medicine that could cure all other infected people. Or they survived because of immune system?

Quote Originally Posted by aussomesarah View Post
    Nice statistics.

So I have a question. People who got cured - they were cured by some known medicine that could cure all other infected people. Or they survived because of immune system?
    Immune system..

Quote Originally Posted by IFixJura View Post
    If a guy had a heart condition, tried to reach and kill a fly, fell and triggered a heart attack and died, do they consider the fly killed him?

Now change the fly to flu: if the flu triggered his heart attack and died, why do they call the flu killed him? You can apply this to Coronavirus too. How many people are actually killed by this virus?
    You have a point. However, if the same approach is applied to both, blaming the flu and covid-19 on the person's heart attack, then what difference does it make?
    Absurdity is the only reality - FZ

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links