caribou coffee

luvncoffee

Jun 9, 2005
Idaho
Visit site
Did I see a few posts from owner of Caribou coffee in Chicago?? Or has anyone been there or heard of them?? I'm not sure if it is a chain or just a cafe by itself. Any info would be great!!

NordstromCoffee

Jan 22, 2005
Visit site
caribou

I used to work there, but my location ended up closing. They ended up pulling a few out of the Chicago area. They do have a web site if you are interested in learning more about the company. I enjoy their coffee more than starbucks as well

Buzzi

Mar 7, 2005
Visit site
In Atlanta- I use to go there all the time- must be the fireplace- the coffee wasn't bad either for a chain- I recently went to two while in Atlanta- and was somewhat disappointed in the service- but I guess that goes to the managers!!

They are a chain out of MN- however they do not franchise. I think they will "license" if you're located out of the country- but not in the US.

spacelace

Aug 22, 2005
Wisconsin
Visit site
:evil: Unfortunately, it is true. Caribou coffee, which is also huge in Minnesota, does use a thick, syrupy, espresso concentrate that comes out of its mock-espresso machine. The only thing they do there is steam the milk and stir. They do have some creative topping ideas however.

cafemakers

Nov 3, 2004
Visit site
spacelace said:
:evil: Unfortunately, it is true. Caribou coffee, which is also huge in Minnesota, does use a thick, syrupy, espresso concentrate that comes out of its mock-espresso machine. The only thing they do there is steam the milk and stir. They do have some creative topping ideas however.

Really? This seems very unusual considering the deal that they have with Franke to purchase superautomatics - the locations that I've been to are using real coffee, just dispensed by superautomatics, like Starbucks does in most locations now. Which stores do they have these 'concentrate' dispensing machines in? I'd love to see one of these.

hoser

Feb 13, 2006
minnesota
Visit site
caripoo coffee

caribou coffee is losing money in it's bid to be a major coffee competitor. It is a very poor stock investment and extremely poor choice for anyone who believes in christian values. The company has demonstrated it's sociopathic capitalist nature multiple times in Minnesota. The coffee quality is a whole another matter.

A friend of mine used to be the Director of the Specialty Coffee Association. They did a study and found out that when w Starbucks moves into town, well run coffee shops improve and bad ones go out of business.

Chains draw interest to an area. That helps traffic for everyone. But if someone sucks at retail, then the presence of a chain will draw attention to that fact.

It is not just backlash. If it where, the chains were not be successful.

JASMINES

Feb 23, 2006
Visit site
Re: caripoo coffee

hoser said:
caribou coffee is losing money in it's bid to be a major coffee competitor. It is a very poor stock investment and extremely poor choice for anyone who believes in christian values. The company has demonstrated it's sociopathic capitalist nature multiple times in Minnesota. The coffee quality is a whole another matter.

hoser...you are a loser!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BilgeMud

Jan 18, 2006
Visit site
What are you talking about?

Why is he a loser Jasmine? Because he has values and stands up for them. We need more people to do that.