A good book?

Scheezo

Oct 21, 2005
Casselberry, FL
Visit site
Could someone recommend a good book to read for someone who has never started a coffee business before? I'm contemplating getting into this business and could use some direction. Thanks!

cafemakers

Nov 3, 2004
Visit site
We have some books on this subject that I have read and recommend on our site that you can purchase through Amazon.com: http://www.cafemakers.com/coffee-books.html

I would suggest that the "Start and Run a Coffee Bar" book is a good introduction - it's a little simplistic and out-of-date on some of the details, but I belive that a new edition will fix some of that soon.

Best of success,

Andrew

Scheezo

Oct 21, 2005
Casselberry, FL
Visit site
Thank you for the advice. I'll check those books out. I also ordered: Espresso Bartenders Guide to Expresso Bartending and ESPRESSO! Starting and Running Your Own Specialty Coffee Business a couple days ago.

Muddycup

Dec 4, 2005
New York
Visit site
help

books will only give you an overview, the real help comes from other successful coffee house owners. consultants cost to much and really aren't that much help. When we started our coffee vendor was a huge help to us. And sit down and do the numbers over and over again.

Jim