Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

changing bottles

I have a small cafe in my church. My pastor thinks the flavoring bottles look like mixed drink items. Does anyone have an idea about changing the bottles to look different? Right now I am keeping the flavors in the kitchen and that is becoming a hassle.
    Thanks,
    Cheryl

Super Moderator
    You got to be kidding me!!! Sorry but that is silly....how can a bottle with a pump on top of it look like booze? I know...tell him it is booze
    "Wine is for aging, not coffee."
    Ken Hutchinson, Starsky and Hutch

Tell him God doesn't command you to stop drinking but to drink in moderation and not to get drunk. So if he doesn't like it, well to bad! You like your flavoring. If you really want to get his goat you should get a reproduction wine vase from the biblical days and put it up by the counter!
    Have you ever walked through the aisle of your local grocer and smelled the death of a dying bean?

The issue is not that people are not allowed to drink. The issue is this is a hang out spot for teenagers. We want to send a good message for them. I think if only adults were the costumers, it would not matter so much. Plus I agree with him about the issue.

Super Moderator
    I didn't mean to offend you with what I wrote...do you have pumps on your bottles? If you do it really doesn't look like alcohol...does this mean that all coffee shops send a bad message to kids because they have bottles of fufu flavorings? Why don't you put them in gallon jugs and put pumps on them...its just a thought...personally I dont see how a bottle with a pump in it looks like a bottle of Jameson or Grey Goose. Oh well good luck with it.

Change Bottles

Change to another brand of syrup. There are MANY brands of syrup out there that do not look like anything except syrup. Google the situation and you'll find many people who will sell you syrup that does'nt look like booze.

Good Luck.
    Espresso911

Super Moderator
    I think they mean the bottles(750ml) look like a 5th not the actual liquid in the bottle....

Well I apologize for my previous post.

Has anyone else said anything about your syrup bottles? If not I wouldn't worry about to much. Besides there are plenty of other bottles out there that look like booze bottles as well.

Heck look at Mrs. Butterworth’s pancake syrup line. There's a liquor bottle that almost resembles it right down to the color. So does that mean you won't serve Mrs. Butterworth’s at the next breakfast meeting, of course not.

People associate bad opinions to objects all the time. The idea is to change their view point in to something positive.
    Have you ever walked through the aisle of your local grocer and smelled the death of a dying bean?

Right now I am keeping the bottles in the kitchen and just putting syrup in 2 oz (not full) plastic cups for serving. I have to label them all and I am reusing them. But it is a pain. I will look into a different shaped bottle.
    I really did not mean to get everyone in an uproar. Sorry.
    Cheryl

What about something like this?

http://insidekitchen.com/index.php?cPath=38_132

Just a thought.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links