Please describe your first weeks after opening ...

Anajoeri

Sep 2, 2005
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Visit site
Still trying to get feed back on how the first weeks, months suppose to be? The volume of people is growing. From the ideal number of 300 coffees a day we have got to 133 in the fist month. Of course this does not happen every day. Please share with me your experiences.

annabella

Muddycup

Dec 4, 2005
New York
Visit site
I will tell you it is all different, one store can be slammed from the first week, to taking a year to grow.

Track your sales - not cups of coffee - each month you should see an increase over the previous month.

Keep your costs and labor under control during this time and don't forget to come out from behind the counter and talk with your customers.

villagecoffeegirl

Jan 18, 2006
Jefferson, OH
Visit site
We opened in the middle of November in a really small town in Ohio. I am actually suprised that the town has taken us in as well as it has. We are very new and we are building more of a regular crowd everyday. Lot's of positive feedback too.

cindy

Feb 8, 2005
South Africa
Visit site
its bin a month since your last post....hows business now...has it picked up or dropped?

what i have seen happen before is when people open doors for the first time, they have a BIG BIG BIG turnover just coz people are trying out something new and then it kinda just fades coz the public knows the place exists but dont bother going there everyday because they know it will be there tomorrow.

keep a constant quality in order to keep a constant turnover...people stick to something that works!

Anajoeri

Sep 2, 2005
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Visit site
slow but sure

Thank you for asking. Life is very busy! The coffee shop as well. We are witnessing growth from one week to another, but a slow one. I am hoping that is is a slow but sure process. It is such wonderful feeling to see it full of people!!! We are keeping up the quality and the feed back is positive.[/img]