My coffee supplier

coffeetalk

Mar 24, 2004
Visit site
Hi all,

I would appreciate it if you can help me to make my coffee supplier decision.

Here is my problem and I must choose one of the two.

There is a local roaster who is one of the SCAA member. He can provide me 100% origin coffee beans roasted on my request. He can guarantee me the beans are roasted previous night and can be delivered next morning.

The another is a Lavazza supplier who can supply me a very famous italy brand. But the beans are packed in two pounds each and have a 6 month expired date, the package has flavour-lock.

Should I deal with the local roaster for the best freshness but risk the diffcult for the quality control of the bean been selected ( in case the company is not honest)? or Should I deal with the famous brand but make old aged espresso; even though, the bag has flavour-lock?.

If you were in my position, what decision would you make. By the way the prices are very identical.

Coffee Guy

Oct 19, 2003
Seattle,Washington USA
Visit site
I wouldn't choose either :twisted: Instead I'd choose me :grin: ...O.K. so I'm partial to great coffee. It's great to carry the seal of the SCAA, but there are a lot of great roasters out here that may not belong to some of the organizations like this. And as for fresh roasted coffee, it's a good idea to let the coffee degass at least 24 hours before packaging. So that could be a plus. However, the distributor you mentioned...

The another is a Lavazza supplier who can supply me a very famous italy brand. But the beans are packed in two pounds each and have a 6 month expired date, the package has flavour-lock.

I wouldn't serve this coffee to customers, after all wouldn't you want the best for your customers? Put yourself in your customers place, would you knowingly want to be served old coffee especially when you're paying premium price for it? There is no compremise when it comes to serving your customer the best.

Bottom line, respect your customer and always try to serve them the freshest and best tasting coffee possible... :)

MrJerry

I've got to agree with Coffee Guy...don't use either!
The only "flavour-lock" you'll get from the Italian beans is garbage...I'll bet the coffee is stale and your customers will run away real fast.

Either use Coffee Guy or my beans...go to my site, and if you need additional info, give me a ring or email me.