Need some advice about opening a drive thru only coffee shop.

bellacoffee

Jun 18, 2007
SOUTH
Visit site
I am in the stage of doing some serious research into opening a drive thru only coffee shop. I lived in bend oregon for some time and worked in a coffee shop both drive thru and sit down for about 4 years. I am now in the south-- The only coffee shops are starbucks and cc''s coffee and they are located about 50 miles from me in each direction. The town I would open up in is not tiny and has a lot of traffic going thru it everyday. Many coming to work and many leaving to go to the surrounding areas to work. In the town are the usual fast food places, walmart, a couple department stores, and many specialty shops- and two snow cone stands and one drive thru daiquri stand- and lots of people in the medical profession.
I am seeking any kind of advice that would help me out in this phase of the game. Thanks so much!!

AJPRATT

Mar 7, 2007
Atlantic City, NJ
Visit site
The first thing you need to do is create a business plan. Even if you don't need to borrow money, you'll never know where you're going or how you are doing unless you have a plan. I would also contact your local Small Business Development Center, SBA, or SCORE.ORG for help that is local to your area.

Also, there is lots of great information on this site. I would do a search of "business plan", "start up" and a few other key words. I would also subscribe to the SCAA and a few trade magazines to kinda get your head in the game.