Is this true about coffee shops?

CCafe

Aug 11, 2004
Des Moines, Iowa
Visit site
It's a case study of only 8 coffee shops in the Boston area. Boston. Cambridge, and Quincy Metro is about 90K shy of 4.5 million people. I don't think you can make any type of judgment without broadening the survey to include 20 - 40 more shops.

davidsbiscotti

Oct 4, 2007
Visit site
The web is eating this up for some reason. The Nov. 10th Slate Magazine article of the Boston coffee shop "stake out" shows up in numerous consumer and informational websites. The study was conducted by an economist (female), who claims that female customers had to wait longer than male customers for service in coffee shops.

CCafe

Aug 11, 2004
Des Moines, Iowa
Visit site
I think its BS, if anything the barista was probably flirting and trying to keep the female there longer for other purposes. I didn't see in the pdf if they said what sex the barista was anyway.

The pdf was rather technical but it seemed to lack more of the specifics. You don't have to say where the coffee house was but you could have shown a push pin map of the ware abouts.

davidwhatley

Oct 9, 2007
DFW
Visit site
Of Course

Of course women have to wait longer, they never know what they want when they get to the counter, and then they change it mid stream :)
<ducking and running for cover>