How much does an average coffee shop spend monthly on utility bills?

marcshia

Jun 22, 2008
Visit site
Hello, I am trying to figure out how much on average a coffee shop spends monthly on Electricity, water, internet, phone, for a space in South Florida of about 1200sq ft. We just started to put together our business plan.
I''ve been to the government websites but could not find any information that gives me an idea of how much I will pay on those utility bills.

I appreciate any help!

bostoncoffeekid

Jul 21, 2008
Visit site
I''m located in the northeast and have just over 1,000 square feet. My total electric, internet, etc. bills run around $1,500/mo. It really all depends on the equipment you''re using as all use a different number of watts.

Aug 24, 2008
Littleton, CO
Visit site
utility bill

I had an 1800 sq ft coffee shop in Denver, CO and spent the following:
$550 avg electrical (3 ac unit, multi fridges, heaters and lots of equipment)
$200 avg water/sewage.
$150 cable business internet.
$50 VOIP phone

John P

Jan 5, 2007
Salt Lake City
Visit site
1100 sq.

1 espresso machine, 1 gelato case, ice machine, 8 banks of low voltage track lighting, 1 full fridge, 1 half-fridge, 1 mini fridge, computer, neon signage (at night), A/C in the summer, and we roast all of our own coffee... electric as well.

store open 6 days week/ 14 hrs day.

Avg. $550/month.

markfox

Mar 7, 2013
Visit site
What is the average capital in having a coffee shop? It is necessary to buy power saver equipments to lessen the expenses. Usually, the bill is just fine and exactly what you anticipated, but sometimes the bill is way higher than you were used to. In fact, you could end up with a two hundred dollar bill when you were only anticipating fifty dollars.

Last edited by a moderator:

John P

Jan 5, 2007
Salt Lake City
Visit site
Mark,

Your large equipment is what it is, cost of doing business. You should buy the best equipment you can afford and save the energy in things like lighting, water heater, high SEER HVAC, and space design. Efficiency in design is way underrated.