Money for coffee shop

Tito Tortuguito

Aug 3, 2008
Visit site
Hi every one, I am new here and have a question, which is the best way to go about getting the money to open a coffee shop (is a loan the only way), and what would be a good size store to start with?

Thank you! :eek:

Aug 24, 2008
Littleton, CO
Visit site
money

Loans are by far the most common way. Other ways include angel investors (not easy for coffee shops) and family/friends (comes with its own set of problems). Don't fall for the promises of Grants. They really don't exist for opening a coffee shop. SBA loans are the most common way to get a small business off the ground but they take a lot of work on your part and a lot of time. Although I got my loan and had no previous experience.

I would suggest a small cafe to start with. One you could run no other employees if you had to. That first year is a tough one especially if you are open a new shop that you built.

Another way to get a loan is to buy an existing coffee shop. It's easier to get a loan because banks can already see your income stream. Also you'd have a built in customer base that you can expand from.

starside8

Sep 23, 2008
Salt Lake City, Utah
Visit site
Opening a coffee shop

If you''re interested in a coffee shop, the best advise is to stick with a proven system or franchise. I own a store myself and I can definitely recommend what I have. I''m also a licensing consultant with the franchise and have another way to fund a store that most DO NOT know about! If interested in more info, please email me at: [email protected]
Eric Nelson