Take out coffee cups?

pinheadmann

Jan 29, 2008
Brantford, Ontario
Visit site
Hi Everyone.....I am having a problem with the Ecotainer take-out coffee cups. They are reasonbly priced and are compostable, which is good for my customer base, but they LEAK!!!!

I have had several complaints from customers, and experienced it myself, so I am looking to change. Does anyone have any recommendations for coffee cup suppliers that are not foam?

villagejoe

Mar 10, 2007
Visit site
I also use Ecotainer hot cups, and I have occasionally had complaints about leakage. However, those have mostly come from people who have left cups in hot cars or who have tried to reheat their coffee in the cup in the microwave. The vast majority of my customers have never had a problem with leaky cups.

Regardless, I use BaristaWorks.com to order most of my paper supplies. I like that they carry the Ecotainer line and have low minimums. Where are you ordering your cups from? Most suppliers also carry basic paper hot cups... you might want to check out BaristaWorks if you don't have anyone else in mind.

JoesBib

Aug 29, 2015
Visit site
Judging by the first 2 posts on this thread, you're not perfectly happy with your cups...

Sorry just a new business trying to get off the "grounds"... :coffee:

Joe

ensoluna

Banned
Apr 29, 2014
Quetzaltenango, Guatemala
Visit site
Judging by the first 2 posts on this thread, you're not perfectly happy with your cups...

Sorry just a new business trying to get off the "grounds"... :coffee:

Joe

yep, I know that feeling "trying to get off the grounds" with new business.
I went thru that.

however, I checked your website and basically, your idea (or someone else's "invention"?, well.. can not really say "Invention", anyway...) is like... using tennis wrist band putting around the coffee cup.

so, I tried it. it works perfect with my tennis wrist band.
I just saved $5.03 ($2.99 unit pricing from your web + shipping/tax)

Mr.Peaberry

Aug 7, 2013
Visit site
Wrist band on the coffee cup? Clever! I have to say, the product still has a market as there are a lot of people who would still buy a branded product regardless of a home grown alternative. Putting logo's on this would definitely help, but I guess you can get wristbands with all kinds of imprints from Nike to a favorite team, etc. I have had those annoying coffee drips ruin shirts as well, so this is where Doug goes out and purchases a few sweat bands...

JoesBib

Aug 29, 2015
Visit site
Thanks for the input. My product literally went on sale for the first time yesterday and suprisingly sold a few. ensoluna, I'm glad your shirts are staying clean even of you didn't by one :coffee:

Cheers

Joe

ensoluna

Banned
Apr 29, 2014
Visit site
Thanks for the input. My product literally went on sale for the first time yesterday and suprisingly sold a few. ensoluna, I'm glad your shirts are staying clean even of you didn't by one :coffee:

Cheers

Joe

hey joe, since you are in coffee business (sort of) and trying very hard to get your company going, I would like to contribute my share by buying one unit from you.
so, after this posting, I WILL BUY ONE VIA YOUR WEBSITE.
however, please promise me and to other forum members that you will actively participate in our forum conversation, not just promoting your products. I am sure that you have something interesting and informative things to say about coffee... since you are selling coffee related products.

Also, by participating actively, I believe that will benefit you in the future.
thanks
PS: by the way, my name is Alex. and when I get your product, I will not only try to use it as what it is intended, but also, I will try it out as TENNIS WRIST BAND. funky color, but I will tell my students that it is made/invented by my coffee forum friend... ha ha ha. BTW, I teach some tennis to junior high school kids over weekend. who knows... maybe they might want to order from your site :grin:

I live in Long Beach, CA, so you will know that I have bought one from your website.

ensoluna

Banned
Apr 29, 2014
Visit site

Cheers

Joe

hey Joe, just completely the purchase. BTW, if you do not mind my suggestion, the coffee brown band is kind of un-attractive. Yes, I understand that is coffee color and it will disguise the stain. however, it will look much attractive to use more brighter, and cheerful colors with some nice designs and your own logos.
when it gets dirty, they will just wash it out anyway, so as long as the color is in bit darker side, it should be okay. some highlighted design will be nice.

also material wise, rather than using, dirty poodle fur material, how about tacky and smooth micro fiber? even absorbent sponge like material?

just saying.... (I sounded like Sr. Peaberry ha ha ha)

JoesBib

Aug 29, 2015
Visit site
Alex

Thank you for all your input. Thanks for buying one! All of your observations are correct! The product is in its infancy and one day I hope to have different colors, materials and logos. Baby steps!

I do promise to participate in forum conversations. I have learned so much about coffee by just reading!

FYI, I wouldn't use it as a wristband. It does not contain elastic but it is designed to fit a typical disposable cardboard cup from small to large... Plus you don't want to be the guy on the tennis court wearing a brown wristband :coffee:

Thanks again for your input and I look forward to "Coffee Talk!!"

Joe

Mr.Peaberry

Aug 7, 2013
Visit site
just saying.... (I sounded like Sr. Peaberry ha ha ha)

One of my favorite things to say....just saying! Also, I was thinking if Joe wants to develop his product line and include a "Doug's Diaper", I would gladly work out some kind of royalty arrangement...we all know that diapers are intended to contain unintended leaks as well...lol! There, I did not end with a "just saying"....