SOLD: Mobile Espresso Truck

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ed

Oct 25, 2007
SE PA, Mid Atlantic
Visit site
2006 Seattle Espresso and Smoothie Truck for sale. Seattle's trucks are most notable for their onboard power and water systems, making them equally adaptable to route sales and special events. This vehicle stand stand alone in a field with no power or water hook-up and make espressos and smoothies all day.

I have been inspected at festivals in 4 states with this unit and no health department has found fault with any part of it. My current annual licenses are from the PA Dept of Agriculture and the Chester County (PA) Health Department.

There are no problems with the equipment or the truck itself except as follows: One side door of the truck body (that is, not the cab, but the equipment body) was damaged and rebuilt. It is structurally sound and locks, but does not match the other doors. The inside of the door is not clad, and the outside was covered with roll vinyl. The other two doors that access storage areas have suffered some corrosion to the sheet metal from manufacturer caulking and sealing issues. These could be reclad and appropriately caulked, or simply replaced. A savvy repairperson with sheet metal experience could probably do the recladding for a couple hundred bucks in materials and someone who just wanted to buy 3 new doors prehung on frames could, I believe, purchase them for about $3K.

This truck enabled me to start a business that continues to grow. I am selling it because I am opening a cafe in about 2 months in a location where I am also roasting. I'm just too busy with these activities to imagine that I will ever drive off into the mountains again to do festivals.

The truck has 27,000 miles on it, mostly highway. It has been well-maintained and was parked under cover between festivals. Originally $76K in 2006, it is available for $45K. It won't be for sale for long, because if I still own it a month from now, I'll gut it, sell the equipment on ebay, and sell the truck to a plumber. It's liquidation time for the former business model.

Component specifications:
Brazilia Portofino Super America – 2 group
Super Jolly Mazzer Grinder
Blendtec Blender
2 Beverage-Air Refrigerators, 6cf & 4cf
50 Amp Honda Generator
Xantac 30 Amp Inverter with 8 storage batteries
2 fresh water tanks, 1 waste tank
water heater for handwash sink

Pictures of the truck in service: http://www.hoboespresso.com
Pictures of the truck details, including equipment and door closeups: http://www.hoboed.net/truck4sale.html
I have a spec sheet I used for health departments when applying for event permits that I will email if you inquire about the truck.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ed

Oct 25, 2007
SE PA, Mid Atlantic
Visit site
Re: Mobile Espresso Truck for Sale

Yes, I never got around to taking it apart, and the market has been too soft for me to try selling it again. I'm about to start a new wave of Craigslist postings.

Firesale time: $22K

The original price was just too high for the economic meltdown that followed. Espresso trucks started showing up on the internet in the 25K range, and not selling. All the ones I saw were older than mine.

I have two potential buyers. One has a drive thru and no capital, who wants to barter equipment, contract to buy my coffee, and create a payment plan. Creative guy, but I'm looking for cash. The second one hasn't made his offer back, but yesterday I sent him the spec sheet I made for getting Health Department permits in the different regions we worked, so he could take it to his own Health Department for a reaction.

Neither buyer is "frontrunner" at this point, though if I received a new offer, as a courtesy I would tell both. Since the offer is presumably pending with the man investigating his permit, I would give him first refusal if the terms were the same.

cwalsh5000

May 27, 2009
Visit site

Could you send pictures and the releavnt info (mileage, vin number, equipment etc), to the following email address ......? I'm looking for the vin number because we are in Puerto Rico and they have import taxes for vechiles and i can look the estimated taxes online. Also, where are you located??

Thanks, Charles.

Ed

Oct 25, 2007
SE PA, Mid Atlantic
Visit site

Thank you for your interest, Charles. I've sent the answers to your email. I am posting to let anyone else know, if they are interested, that I am outside of Philadelphia, PA.

Melissa

Aug 18, 2009
Visit site

Hi- I know the post for the truck for sale was a while ago but I am curious to see if it is still available?
Thank you for your reply.
Melissa

Status
Not open for further replies.