Worst cafe you''ve ever visited?

Yar

Oct 4, 2008
Visit site
Here''s mine:

In Key West, Florida, there''s a \"cafe\" supposedly with Internet. The first thing you''ll see is the sign offering Internet.

It has plastic chairs, plastic tables, horrible coffee.

The Internet didn''t even work and the owners, who were present, made no attempt to get it working.

The owners were loud and obnoxious. In fact, they smoked in the cafe, which is what drove me out of the place.

They only had two things: A good location just feet off the main touristy street and a sign dishonestly offering Internet.

Yar

Oct 4, 2008
Visit site
Bay Islands Coffee said:
I would be interested to know which cafe you speak of, as I know one is currently for sale down there.

I think it doesn't exist any more but the location appears to be roughly the same as Sippin.

cindy

Feb 8, 2005
South Africa
Visit site
just as bad

ive had the misfortune of visiting a few places who sorta compare with the one you just mentioned fairly well.

ive been to key west, and as far as im concerned, has alot more potential than a great deal of places around south africa.

now, i went into a place just the other day (sign on the door says PIZZARIA) and resembled nothing of the sort.
same story...plastic chairs, no designated smoking area, loud conversation amongst the few members of staff that was standing around etc.
i asked for their wine selection....and it was either red or white (no jokes now)...i settled for a rock shandy.
i then asked the waitress (dressed in jeans that are dangling below her bum and a shirt that is way too tight and small) to recommend something.
she then gave me the most "intellegent/what exactly are you asking for?" look and said...'pizza'
Great...now i know they sell pizza.
Which pizza do you think is the best? i asked her with lots of hope drizzling from my voice at that stage.
she then explained to me that she doesnt eat asparigus or olives or green pepper or...or...or...or.....and so it went on.
'so you only eat margarita pizzas?'
she then nodded like one of those dogs in the back of a taxi's window and gargled a yes...
i then decided that eating might not be my best option at that stage and left...too scared that i might have to order something at the end of the day anyway.

i didnt see the owner of the store but i doubt that theyll be in business for too long.

shadow745

Aug 15, 2005
Central North Carolina
Visit site
Well 2 come to mind..... First is DcMonald's.... sorry I meant McDonald's..... my wife has gone to our local McDs for their crappuccino many times, actually some sort of vanilla latte. The last trip there she went back twice to get it re-done and they still couldn't get it right. Had to pony up the refund.... The "barista" was like "I pushed this button and did this" and it tasted like crap, just vanilla syrup mixed with milk. Second place is a local drive-thru "espresso bar" in which did have a good setup several years ago but the woman running the place was pathetic at making the lattes my wife liked. Last time we went there I noticed they had switched to some commercial automatic and those people now push a button or 2 and hand you the cup. Truly pathetic IMO. Later!

RockhouseRoastery

Jan 26, 2009
Visit site
I'll say that Sweetbay Coffee in Fort Smith, AR has horrible coffee. I hated it so bad i went and bought a local coffee shop/ roastery. My coffee is by far the best in the area. Lets just say every customer has either had Sweetbay, or Starbucks and said they will never return there again and thats how my coffee shop/roastery has grown.

I roast my own coffee and distribute my coffee beanz to many other coffee shops in the near area. If anyone is intersted in switching from there current roaster let me know. I will send you a sample if you are a serious inquiry, or if you are within a 3 hour drive we can set up a time to meet. Thank you.

I do not know how SweetBay and Starbucks are still in business. They serve month old coffee. That is another thing different, i roast my coffee weekly and also for my roastery accounts they order weekly and i roast it then and ship it out within 2 days. If anyone is interested my shop is Rockhouse Coffee Shop/Roastery in Fort Smith, AR.

I will have a website soon. Until then email me at [email protected] for any inquiry. I will be checking my messages on here frequently. Thanks.

RockhouseRoastery

Jan 26, 2009
Visit site
Im goin to add a bad coffee to my list. Starbucks. My wife somehow ended up with a gift card there. Well we went and got a Caramel Mocha. That is the one we usually get at my coffee shop. Well we get it fairly fast which was odd. I take a sip and i almost gagged. It left a horid taste in my mouth! She agreed and we threw a $5 coffee out the window!! They need to do something or starbucks will never get back to where they were. Maybe they should buy my coffee ground from my Roastery!