Please buy my coffee shop!

tarborolife

Mar 27, 2008
Tarboro, NC
Visit site
Or at least, everything in it!

The economy, and being new at running a business, has killed us. We are going to end up in divorce court if we can't get out of this thing. We have a great place that our regulars love, but we can't make it work. My husband is working 70 hours a week in the cafe, and I am working TWO outside jobs to make ends meet.

http://raleigh.craigslist.org/bfs/942803446.html

Our website:

http://tarborocafe.com

Offers, comments, or suggestions appreciated. At this point, we will take anything just to be rid of this business. We don't even know how we're going to pay the rent this month.

Tophie2

Jul 6, 2008
St Augustine Fl
Visit site
WOW! Did you expect something different? How is your location? Wtf happened? This is a scary deal,we work 100 hrs plus, and still building our business. This is not for timid. Good luck, I see your CL post is deleted, did you sell?

michael.bob

Dec 12, 2008
Visit site
Really a difficult time, but you need to find out the solution of your problem . Try to plan your business in a systematic way. Hope you people will get some good results.

John P

Jan 5, 2007
Salt Lake City
Visit site
Re: Saving your business

I believe you can save it if you aren't mired in debt.
What I see is TOO many offerings on your menu. It really doesn't come out as a coffee shop, it seems to be a deli or small eatery with coffee. I went to your roasters site... seems he really cares about what he does, and I know the farm the Nicaraguan comes from... it's good stuff!!
If you want to be primarily a food place that has coffee that's one thing, but as it is costs associated with food are much higher, there is a lot more waste, and it pulls everyone away from the core of your business. I would scale down the food menu significantly. Offer a lighter menu of your most popular items, re-invent, and re-establish.