Need advice from the experts

Mariposa

Dec 15, 2008
Visit site
The best advice is from those who have experienced it!

I want to open an espresso trailer. I am currently residing in a midsize city in the Southeast with no established coffee shop. The great news is that I am very close to one of the best FT organic distributers. Yay for me! I have been more involved in the producer/import side of the coffee chain and am now wanting to branch out into the retail side.

At this point my research had been minimal.
Topics I would love to talk about
1) The best resource for a business plan template/guide.
I know the basic outline of a plan. I don't know where to start in order to get the
current market research, an estimation of costs and projected profits, etc.
2) Recommended suppliers/machinery: Will pay for itself with minimal wear and tear. I am very familiar with la mazorca. Yet, I am willing to hear opinions about other machines that may or may not be more cost effective.

3) Personal stories. Tidbits of info. Something I can use a benchmark. Did you apply for an SBD loan and what was the process like?

Anything helps and everything is appreciated.
Looking forward to your responses,
Mariposa

Mariposa

Dec 15, 2008
Visit site
Still Need advice from the experts

I think that I should elaborate. I am not undertaking this endeavor right now. This is no time to start a business with the economy as it is. I am merely in the research phase and have a plan to have the necessary information in order to open at the latest two years from now. Ofcourse this depends on several factors.

Thank you again.

nickle

Dec 29, 2008
Visit site
I understand, but do not agree 100%, with your statement that this is not the time to be opening a shop. I plan to purchase a shop in the very near future and am very excited to be opening when I am. In other words I refuse to participate in the recession. This country was certainly headed for a period of trouble but negative national groupthink only makes matters worse. Now is the time to get the most favorable lease agreements, and concessions from vendors and partners. There is on average a recession twice per decade. That being said if we wait to act only when the conditions are most favorable then we achieve diminished returns. And when do you know when things are good and not about to get bad again? When we emerge from this temorary downturn in our economy I will be better positioned against my competition. Especially against those who hid in a cave. Fortune favors the bold as long as you are prepared and have your house in order. To answer your query i can only say that this forum is the best i have ever seen with regards to industry resources and informed opinions. Its moderators are superb. My advice is that once you have your plan and financing together do not let a good location or opportunity pass you by because of timidity. Best wishes and good luck!