Mobile Coffee Stand Regulations in South FL

Hi, I'm opening up a mobile coffee shop in the South FL area (preferably in the Broward, Palm Beach county area). I'll be selling coffee, milk and pre-packaged food such as croissants, empanadas and pastries. I wont be cooking in the trailer. Do any of you guys know where I can go to get the manuals and regulations to get the licensing to sell this items and to open the concession stand? Thank you for your time.

Re: Mobile Coffee Stand Regulations in South FL

Best place to start is the Environmental Health department for the county(ies) you intend to vend in. Every county (in our area anyway) is a little different and for what we do (mobile operation) we do have to inform each county we vend in of what we're doing. Some expect more and some less. Just don't take the easy way out by not doing things the legal way. It only bites you down the road!
    I'm a legend among my own kind... you my friend are just a legend in your own mind. Later!

Re: Mobile Coffee Stand Regulations in South FL

Like Shadow said you need to check with each county you plan to operate in because they will all have different standards/codes.
    You need to check with the DBPR of Florida for your biz permits. You should also run your menu by the department of Agriculture to see if you need to do anything to comply. Even with pre packaged food they may require a permit.
    You can also check with each cities planning and zoning department and they can give you a detailed map of areas in that particular city where you can vend plus a list of do's and doníts.
    In Ft Lauderdale speak with Deb (Planning assistant) @ 954-828-3266
    A quick call to Patricia with code enforcement will be useful as well...954-828-5195...if staying in Broward county.

Best of luck

lm5000- I'm not sure if you are lurking on here or have moved on to a new idea.

I'm in the process of starting a mobile coffee unit myself. It is great to ask and seek guidance. At the same time, it is concerning that you asked others for information that is readily available via the internet or making a few phone calls. Best of luck on your pursuit!

Florida | Mobile Adventure Here is a page that might be valuable to those living in Florida

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links