Want To open a new shop

bams111

Apr 10, 2011
Visit site
I'm new to this site and so far it seems great! I'm new to the coffee culture (I used to only enjoy a cup occasionally) and now i am very interested in opening my own cafe in the next 2 years or so. What have other people's experiences been in doing this? I'd like to see what people think

tortillatree

Feb 8, 2008
Western Pennsylvania
Visit site
if you're new to coffee, don't open a shop. do you want to be married to something you don't know much about?

seriously, work at two or three different shops, find out what it's like behind the counter. learn coffee, learn the terms, learn the skills. there's so much more to it than putting grounds in a filter and pressing a button. coffee is a skill and an art, and if you don't have skill, you won't have customers.

third, subscribe to some journals, like "Fresh Cup" and sometime in the next 2 years go to Coffee Fest in Chicago or California or DC...network with the movers and shakers in the coffee industry.

Do all that, and if you still want to start a cafe, PLEASE DO IT! And it will be one of the best coffeeshops out there, because you know what you're doing and have thought about it and are serious.

There are so many independent coffee shops out there that are severely disappointing. The owners/employees don't even DRINK coffee, and don't realize how bad their product is. They just like the "romance" of the idea of owning a coffeeshop. Blah, don't be one of those shops. We already have enough mediocre coffee shops. If you're going to do it, do it well. :coffee:

arockstar

May 12, 2011
Visit site
If you want open A new shop for the coffee you need to do the contact with the best coffee sender in a packet and make a better than better coffee with the help of best milk supply and make a better coffee:coffee1::coffee:

Mod edit: Please do not capitalize all words. I have corrected your post. When all words are capitalized it is difficult to read. - thank you.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts