Feedback wanted - Coffee club iphone app business plan

carney322

Feb 11, 2005
Los Angeles, CA
Visit site
I am working on a concept for a business plan competition and I wanted to get feedback from independent coffee shop owners as research to support the idea. I would love to see what you have to say as well as any suggestion you might have to improve it.

Concept:
-Pay $15 a month and get 10 free drip coffees (or $25 a month for 10 free specialty coffees) from member coffee shops plus additional discounts on food.
-Send friends a free coffee through facebook.

What’s cool:
-Focus on supporting independent coffee shops (slogan: drink local).
-Translate online social networks into offline social networks.

For Consumers:
-Slight discount to buying a cup of coffee at a café
-Find independent coffee shops near you wherever you are
-Convenience of not having to use cash or buy extra stuff to reach a minimum charge for debit card if buying only a coffee
-Extra discounts/Promotions for members
-Exclusivity/cool factor

For coffee shops:
-Long-term, sustainable advertising
-Automatic post on customer’s facebook wall when they redeem a coffee
-Customers recruit new customers via facebook integration by sending friends free coffees
-Receive demographic data of customers
-Short bio in-app allows coffee shop to tell its story (along with whether it serves organic/fair trade/shade grown, etc coffee)
-Ability to provide additional discounts to customers to compete with other member shops
-Rotating “featured coffee shop” on homepage
-Ability for customers to find them using location based services
-Draws in smartphone user demographic who are generally more able and willing to pay for extras

Economics:
-Customers get 10 small drip coffees for $15 a month (or $25 a month for 10 free specialty coffees); possible variations based on size
-intermediary business gets $5 a customer/month as service fee
-Coffee shops get $1 ($2 for specialty) a cup as redeemed
-Coffee shops will be able to offer additional discounts (ie. 5-10%) to members as additional enticement to visit and buy non-coffee items

Coffee Lover 1

May 5, 2011
USA
Visit site
Why not contact the local coffee shop owners directly to see what they have to say? They could offer the cards that you get "stamps" toward free coffee on your smart phone app.