Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Drive Thru Builder

We build drive thrus in Columbia, SC. We have dedicated staff in the areas of site location, zoning, training respectively. We produce a variety of different kiosks that are built stronger than stick built construction.

We are experiecing rapid growth and even at a kiosk a week our production schedule is full until mid-Febuary. I would be glad to answer any questions you may have.
    Alex Bailey
    President
    Java Grande, Inc

If I am planning on purchasing two espresso machines for a drive-thru, is it feasible to make one of them a semi-automatic and the other one fully automatic? Or would that create more problems? Any opinions?

Columbia

you build coffee kiosk in Columbia? Site location? Zoning? And even training? Oh - tell me more.

Prefab Coffee Drive Thru or Not...

Whether you go prefab or not there's a company that can sell you just the plans for the building. They know what they are doing when designing a building for drive thru use only so it's set up efficiently.

Re: Prefab Coffee Drive Thru or Not...

Quote Originally Posted by rockstar
    Whether you go prefab or not there's a company that can sell you just the plans for the building. They know what they are doing when designing a building for drive thru use only so it's set up efficiently. Check out http://www.stccoffee.com
    Would it be your company? Please no more URL dropping, you've done enough already.

We were lucky because my husband actually is a contractor, so we only had to hire out for the electric and plumbing. I am glad we went with our own design because it gave it much more character. We have one other drive-thru in town who went with pre-fab and it just doesn't have the same charm and uniqueness as ours. Our town requires natural colors, so we went with the rustic board and batton look, and get nothing but compliments. We live in a tourist town and people are always stopping to take pictures of the building! I imagine you have already made a decision, but my reccommendation is contractor all the way.

Cre8tive;
    I recommend installing similar if not identical espresso machines in your location/locations. Identical machines (or a 2 group and 3 group of the same model) will save you on training, quality standards, recipe standards, spare parts inventory, etc.
    You might also consider installing only one machine on initial build-out and "roughing in" the plumbing and electrical for the second machine. That way your start-up capital cost is reduced, yet you have an easy upgrade to add capacity. Your equipment vendor might even put a second machine "on hold" for you until you are open.
    I noticed this is a revived thread and you are likely beyond the start-up stage...perhaps someone else will be considering similar options.

DRIVE THRU COFFEE SHOPS

i BUILD DRIVE-THRU BUILDINGS WITH ONE OR TWO WINDOWS.E-MAIL FOR MORE INFO JACK

RMC

What building to choose

Hi,
    I'm new here. I'm very excited to be a member of a forum where we can support one another. I believe that if we all have the goal of helping one another to realize our dreams, we can all benefit. Anyway, I have been researching things for about 6 months. I will open a shop within the next year. That may seem like a long time, but I cannot afford to make many costly mistakes and need to anticipate as many obsticals as possible. Regarding the building, you have 2 choices - prefab or new construction. Both have merits. A prefab structure is far more expensive, plus you still have to research the city codes, deal with the red tape, and bear the cost of site development. On the other hand, it is faster and it "appears" almost overnight. If you are prepared, you can begin operations within a week. This appeals to community members. With new construction, usually a good local contractor is familiar with local requirments and will include the site development in their plans and quote. My building will cost almost half as much than if I'd have gone with a prefab. However, it will take a much longer time to build and I will loose the shock value of the prefab. Some of my market will already have formed an opinion about my operation before I even open. Finally, I'm not sure how this is going to play out financially. My loan & lease payments will be due each month whether I am opened or not. If you can cover the short-term loss, new construction is the most economic route. Sorry for long winded response.
    No man is an Island, entire of itself...
    -John Donne-
    We must, indeed, all hang together or, most assuredly, we shall all hang separately.
    -Benjamin Franklin-
    ...I have always depended on the kindness of strangers.
    -Blanche DuBois-

RMC

Prefab or new construction?

In response to moabsdailygrind's comment, I agree with what she said. However, you could still go prefab and simply pay a local contractor to install whatever facade you want. This way you could achieve the look, though not the actual architecture, you desire without building from scratch.
    No man is an Island, entire of itself...
    -John Donne-
    We must, indeed, all hang together or, most assuredly, we shall all hang separately.
    -Benjamin Franklin-
    ...I have always depended on the kindness of strangers.
    -Blanche DuBois-

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links