Over Air Football game at shop?

sidg

Jun 7, 2011
Visit site
I've tried to do the research and come up empty so I thought I would ask here.
We have a shop that sees low traffic on Sunday afternoon and I would like to offer a place for local fans to gather and see the game. I don't want to pay for a cable package when we don't have TV on any other time so I'm looking at doing the basic over the air rout. Does anyone know of any licencing issues I might run into? All that I've seen so far is that the size of TV might have an impact.
Anyone out there tried this? run into trouble? know more than I do on this subject?
Thanks
Sid

sidg

Jun 7, 2011
Visit site
If someone comes along and has similar questions I've done more digging and come up with a basic understanding and now have made some changes to our in shop entertainment.

What I found out (though I think I knew it at one point in time) was that you can play the radio for public entertainment without buying "rights" as long as the shop is under 3750 sq. feet has 6 speakers or less (limit of 4 in one room). CD's or MP3 loops are not allowed as they were purchased for private use only.
You can have a TV on if it is under 55" and follows the same speaker rules as the radio.
If you want to follow the link to the details you can find it at restaurant org and search for music licensing and you will find a pdf file.