Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Running a Mobile Food (Lunch Wagon) coffee cart

Truck is pretty much done. Driving and using it have identified several things that will need to be adjusted.Alright folks, had day 2 of sampling today. Shave ice and teas have been very popular.Is this thread you guys would be interested in following?
    From popup, to truck, to brick and mortar, to multiple brick and mortar, to popup, to open/close, to open, open, open, to popup, to all closed.
    Now I make videos about coffee and answer questions where I can help out https://youtu.be/GIUFvS9EYYw

Ok 2 days of sampling were super busy and had a great response from customers.

Day 1 of selling was at an area that had lots of driving traffic but didn't do that well in sales
    Day 2 was in a more scenic / touristy location and did much better in sales (about 1/3 of my worse case scenario)

This weekend I made some a frame signs to advertise what the truck offers. Also worked on securing the refrigerates and several other pieces of equipment in the truck. Tomorrow will be doing the shave ice at tourist location again.
    From popup, to truck, to brick and mortar, to multiple brick and mortar, to popup, to open/close, to open, open, open, to popup, to all closed.
    Now I make videos about coffee and answer questions where I can help out https://youtu.be/GIUFvS9EYYw

Day 3 checked out scenic area again. It was a weekday and wasn't that great. A police officer advised me that I'm not supposed to park there and if someone complains I will have to move. I asked him if he wanted me to move and he said, "he didn't mind."
    Afterwards I headed across the island to the parking lot of the climbing / gymnastics gym. Today sales increased $4 over yesterday.

Day 4 Today was the first time we ran in the morning. It was pretty slow. Headed over to a lunch truck area for lunch and did more in 2 hrs then the entire previous day. Lots of great feedback on the product.
    Having issues with coffee brewer still (with the broken legs) also need to check on amount of water being dispersed for full and 1/4 batches.

Day 5 Prep work and loading truck is going a lot smoother. When I started the van I realized I needed gas (it has been burning a lot of gas lately, possible because choke was stuck open?). Got gas, picked up ice, then went to the spot. Once there started everything up and realized the water pump wasn't working. Filled up the tanks and then returned to the spot (total time 1.5 hrs). Water pump was still not working.

Took the truck back to home base to tinker with. What appears to be the problem is there was so much pressure on the back side of the pump it couldn't self prime. I apologize if that doesn't make much sense.

So today didnt have any sales. I'm going to take care of a couple of inventory orders, tune some equipment, clean, and try out some new recipes. Hopefully tomorrow goes smoother

Day 5 open about 6-2 sales on par with day 3Holiday weekend went to Kauai, camped, climbed, and checked out Kauai coffee farm.Day 6 Tuesday open for lunch truck event 11-2. Barely second best day. Lots of repeat customers from last week. Top sellers ice coffee and shave ice.Stats for funGenerator hours 36Facebook likes 75Twitter followers 92

Day 7 bust had one good after lunch rush and that was it. Tough.day with heat and psychology.

Prep went really well. Ice coffee is dialed in. Recipes are coming together.

Generator started smoking this morning and died. Why? IDK TBD
    Throw me a bone here.

Working on truck F-Su and will be back at it on Monday

Saturday didn't run. Was supposed to work on truck and prep for event on Sunday. GF car broke down in town so we swapped and then got it towed to a shop. All in all about 6.5 hours used up. Spent rest of the day cleaning and prepping.

Current issue - not happy with coffee. Going to play with water volume to coffee volume.

Sunday - 1st paid to attend event. Will recap later, some good lessons learned.

Generator engine smoking could be a few things... crankcase oil level could be too high. Driving with generator running can cause sloshing of oil in crankcase. Air filter can be clogged causing backpressure.

What issue(s) are you having with coffee/water? You mean drip, espresso, what?
    I'm a legend among my own kind... you my friend are just a legend in your own mind. Later!

Would you ever consider using an instant coffee? I just started repping a new company, just launched in June. I have to tell you, I have considered opening up a little coffee stand/shop for years. I have weighed and re-weighed the financial ups and downs. Finally I found the answer. And NO, I'm not trying to sell an infomercial, but what I am about to tell you is REAL! I vowed I would NEVER join another multi-level or direct sales company again. Then I found Javita; or maybe Javita found me. I'm not sure. I have KNOWN for a LONG time that coffee is a HUGE business. But for the initial investment (which is FAR lower than opening up a coffee stand) the financial rewards far out way that of my own coffee shop/stand. Javita is a new company, having launched in June of this year. I am getting in on the ground floor. Now is the time to get in on this amazing opportunity. I will be earning over 500k next year. Javita has the best compensation/bonus plan I have ever seen. So if you are interested, or know someone who is interested, let me know and I will get you the website (I'm new so I can't post the link). I look forward to hearing back from you.

IMHSO instant coffee belongs in a jar on grocery store shelves and should NEVER be associated with specialty coffee
    I'm a legend among my own kind... you my friend are just a legend in your own mind. Later!

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links