Building my truck, looking for equipment advise.

perknup

Oct 2, 2011
Visit site
I've purchased an excellent mini bus and I'm beginning my restoration to sell specialty coffee's and smoothies. Looking for advise on equipment. I have a good line on some Blendtec ICB-5's and also a Blendtec D8. My first question, is the D8 a good purchase and where is the best place to buy product for it.

Mr Shave

Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
perknup

Are you still around or a 1 post wonder?

I don't have any personal experience with Blendtec machines, they do make a good and reputable product. 2 options
1. order online and have it shipped.
2. Find a local restaurant supply store and build a relationship with a salesperson. If you get most of your equipment through one spot they can tell you the pro / cons, what to buy new vs. used, and can usually get you a price below msrp.

Best of luck

What kind of truck are you building out? Feel free to ask questions directed at me or Shadow <- wealth of knowledge

perknup

Oct 2, 2011
Visit site
thanks for the responses, it sat for a few days and I forget to check back. I've gone so many places on the internet looking for info I can't keep track of everywhere I've been :decaf:

I did pass on the D8, also figuring it would be overkill at this point in the startup. I located a 1985 Wayne minibus with only 5000 original miles at a great price, just took possession and I'll begin removing the seats and such soon to put in the walls and flooring.

Personally I think the D8 would be overkill and would buy something on the lower end of BlendTec's lineup, then use that leftover money to put toward other equipment.