Point of Sale systems?

coffeebandits

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site
Hey all! I'm starting a coffee shop in a relatively rural area, and I need to chose my register. I was wondering, what do you all use? Any recommendations?

We expect to be relatively busy, dealing with rushes from a next-door 1,000 seat theater. That said, it's a somewhat slow town, so we probably won't be swamped (usually). We're on a very tight budget, and so we're trying to come up with a system that is really worth the money we invest.

Do you think it's worth it, in your experience, to have a POS system hooked up to the reg? Does anyone use just a register and no POS?

Thanks!

Mr Shave

Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
Coffee bandits Good luck with the shop.I went with a register thinking I could always 1. Upgrade later2. Have more plu then I need3. Save money nowNow Im looking at iPad pos systems1. Ecomical2. Better reporting / syncing with quick books 3. More intuitive / easier to train on

tillify

Apr 6, 2012
Visit site
Tillify cash register for Ipad, Android and PC

HI guys you might like to check out tillify.com cloud based cash register, works on tablets or pc, card acceptance, digital receipt easy free trial sign up, costs less than $20 a month and works with cash drawers, printers etc.

tillify.com

ColumbiaCoffeeZone

Apr 6, 2012
Visit site
We utilize a register, but do understand the reason why a POS is good. Some would say a POS is necessary but a register is just fine to start with. The best advice I can give is don't skimp on the advertising and the ambiance in the place or on the quality of the product, but you can skimp on things to get started like the register.

BrowenHarley

Jul 9, 2012
Visit site
Point of sale system is a one type of information system it is used to gathering and applying the information in the market. Each point of sale system is very different to the other system it have also some more productivity of your business.

businessdegree

Jul 2, 2012
Visit site
i think a standard one is just fine, and if you need a credit card machine you could get a little if you couldn't find one with one built in since you say that there are not many people around you won't have such a difficult time with it plus its much easier because you won't always have to check inventory in and if you get a new brand then you have to put in a new name with new code and new file, its pretty big hassle actually and its good with budgets
good luck with your business wishing all the best :)

MrArmando

Jan 22, 2015
Visit site
Hi, cofeebandit! I work with Point of sale systems NJ for 5 years. no problems with them, perfect service and very robust equipment, easy interface, light software... I'll give my head for it!

dmiles1983

Feb 12, 2015
Visit site
Hello CoffeeBandits,

I would try Lavu iPad POS . They have a package that doesn't require a license fee, and is relatively inexpensive monthly. It can take the place of your register, and give you lots of features that would help you run your business when movies get out ;)