I have questions about what you would want in a coffee shop directory

endlesscup

Nov 23, 2011
Visit site
Hey coffee lovers,

My name is Stephen, and I love coffee. Dark, burn your soul coffee, and light, sugar dipped concoctions as well. My big problem when I travel, or go anywhere out of my comfort zone, is finding a local coffee shop. So I have the idea to create a coffee shop directory. The overall goal would be able to make a mobile application, as well as a fully functional corresponding website as well. Not easy I know. I believe Yelp.com has a phone book of listings, but what good is a big list, if it does not give you information you want? With that being said, I have prepared a small list of questions, that if you would be so kind as to answer, I would love to listen to what you are looking for when finding new coffee shops.

Thank you for your time.

Regards,

Stephen

Questions:

What would you not want in a coffee shop directory?

What would you want in a coffee shop directory?

What is important for you about a coffee shop?

How do you currently locate new coffee shops?

How do you spot a good coffee shop?

What are some things you hate about coffee shops?

If you had the ideal coffee shop in your neighborhood, what would it consist of?

Vinfotech

Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
Hi, its an awesome way to get some feedback for your service.
I think you should have most of the flavors of Coffee.As well as maintain the variety like Cold coffee, Hot coffee etc.
Location-It should be near an education institute or corporate office or on a busy way.
What irritates people most is the delayed service.

Mr Shave

Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
Hey coffee lovers,

Questions:

What would you not want in a coffee shop directory?

What would you want in a coffee shop directory?[/QUOTE]
Information about shop
Hours
Years in business
Coffee info
Links to Yelp, 4square, Mantra, Facebook, Twitter, and Linkedin of owners

What is important for you about a coffee shop?
Quality coffee, atmosphere, service, and location

How do you currently locate new coffee shops?
Google and Yelp

How do you spot a good coffee shop?
See above

What are some things you hate about coffee shops?
hate is a pretty strong word
I dislike getting a drink and immediately being disappointed
I dislike getting attitude
I dislike unsanitary cafes

If you had the ideal coffee shop in your neighborhood, what would it consist of?
Fun, personable, and knowledgeable staff. Obsessed with quality but not intrusive about it
Lots of parking and seating

I have seen sites like this for regions (thinking maybe SF Cafe Ratings and Coffee Ratings - San Francisco's Best Espresso - CoffeeRatings.com)
For more traffic I think a site needs to be a hub for multiple sources of good information, that currently exist. It is going to be difficult to launch a new site just specifically for coffee and compete with the yelp / foodspotting / new web 2.0 site out there

Best of luck

Latest posts